2,297 results
All reviews self catering half board reception staff main pool kids club every night rooftop pool hotel is spotless port aventura theme park min walk chocolate fountain evening meal smaller pool family holiday mini disco meal times
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 10 nights half board .was really looking forward to this family break but is went down hill first night . walls , ceilings and floor are paper thin you can hear EVERYTHING .most of the time we could hear furniture been dragged on floors this would go on till around 1am maybe longer than from around 6/6.30 am would start up again and this time people shouting to each other in the corridor, kids screaming/crying and adults screaming back at their children , TV and more. There are signs on the walls in the corridors asking for guests to be quite but people must not read them. We stayed here a few years back and really enjoyed our time this time I couldn't wait to leave .one night there was banging coming from the bar area I called reception to let them know I was asked was I sure there was noise then was told it will be sorted never was. I've stayed in a lot of hotels but this was an unforgettable stay experiencing this level of noise from other guests having very little respect for others. food was lovely ,staff friendly ,room was comfortable,10pm entertainment was good I'll give the hotel that. I have never written a review before but the experience of the stay I had too. Everyone is entitled to have fun/enjoy their holiday but should be aware of the noise level they create late at night and early in the morning . I'm sure we were not the only family that have experienced this. We'll be back sometime in the future to salou but sadly not to this hotel .

2  Thank Trek32672806295
DoradaPalaceHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.We sincerely regret that you won't be back to our hotel.

Thank you for having chosen us this year for your stay in Salou.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

Poor stay, room had a problem with door, took a number of times to try and open it, went to reception numerous times who just reset the card but it never done anything. beds are most uncomfortable thing you will ever sleep on, my son was crying with back pain due to the bed, we had to get the mattress from fold away bed and lay it on the bed with pillows to try and help him, thankfully we were only here 3 nights, we did think about going to Barcelona earlier but the hotel we were staying in had no availability so we had no choice. The staff were very good, cant fault them. Food was very average especially evening meal, they have a chef who grills meat for you, never ready with anything for 1900 when the doors open though, you have to wait? surely they know when the doors are opening? he then needs to be told you don't have to poor oil over everything? it is disgusting, I watched as he grilled and he has this oil pot and just pours it over the meat, pasta, anything he cooks. We got some pasta and no exaggeration the plate was orange and swimming in oil, we could not eat it and instead went to burger king down the road. The breakfast was better. The pool we could not go in as weather was horrible (no fault of hotel) but equally not sure we would have gone in as the pool looked filthy, again this may be due to weather. it is a shame as hotel looks lovely from outside but our room was awful and the evening food was great if you are happy to eat oil. we wont be back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We regret that we didn't reach your expectations.

Thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Salou.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Third time in this hotel and once again it was fantastic again. I feel like for myself and family we will spend a lifetime of coming back time after time. We also brought my dad and stepmother and they we're truly impressed too we have already been talking about coming back.
The food is delicious and the staff go above and beyond. The restaurant and reception staff are just brilliant and they are what make us want to come back.
It would be nice to have a different way to come through the hotel as my dad did struggle up the hill.
See you next year Dorada thank you.

Room tip: Being on the south side is warmer and you get to see the sunsets.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Pancakes_r_life2016
DoradaPalaceHotel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you to you for your trust in us and for your loyalty year after year.

We also really look forward to welcome you and your family back again.
Thank you for your recommendation on TripAdvisor.

Our best regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and it was OK.
Needed two rooms as there were 6 in the party. Emailed in advance to have the rooms close together. Not disappointed. Only a few rooms apart with a pool view.

Rooms are cleaned and towels changed daily and enough room for three people.

Restaurant food was nice with enough to choose from..unless you're a kid then the choices are limited.
Drinks at breakfast are self service but you'd be lucky to find the fruit machines working or stocked to give anything but coloured water.
Evening meal drinks are ordered at the table and paid for on the way out.

The pool was practically empty. Maybe due to the fact it's October and icebergs were starting to form. Only the bravest (or stupidest) would get in and stay in
Tried to visualise this in peak season and I imagine this pool would be far too small.

Evening entertainment was indoors (guessing due to the time of the year). The indoor entertainment area wasn't practical as it was too small (even for the reduced number of guests) and views were restricted thanks to all the posts in the way.

Overall this was a nice, clean hotel and service was good. Only the amenities let it down.

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and for having chosen us for your stay in Salou.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is old and very dated but the staff will do anything for you so that is something to be said these days. The entertainment staff and great and work hard to get you involved. Well done guys.

The pool is freezing ! Yep usual Spanish facilities. It’s a joke having all the life guards if you fell in you would probably need recuss its so cold The rooms are kitted well but dated and the beds are very hard. Plenty of cupboards it’s just not the romantic setting I hoped for.

Food- well what can I say. Hummm well appart from breky (the breakfast is fantastic plenty to choose from) the rest is really miss match - mushroom risotto that tasted like soup powder, these funny little salad that you can’t work out what they are( designed in the 70s and defrosted today ). Asparagus but nothing to go with like salmon ... weird combination. They have chef cooking meat which he over cooks then you can’t eat it. The puddings the same. 70s combo. I resulted to eating jelly because it was the only thing that had flavour. They have got it all wrong! Such a waste of food if over cooked and tasteless.

So all I can say is good luck with your food choices peeps.

Dear Mrs. helen d,

We regret that we didn't reach your expectations.

Thank you for your review.
Best regards,