2,397 results
All reviews port aventura half board theme park minute walk pool area train station every night two single beds pushed together lovely hotel plenty of sunbeds evening entertainment plenty of choice breakfast and dinner double bed beans family hotel until midnight
Reviewed 16 May 2017

We visited this hotel last June! Everything about this hotel is great! The staff were fab, warm and welcoming. The location is great a short 10 minute walk to the PortAventure park and beach. All in all a fantastic holiday!!

Room tip: Pool view is great!
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 588chloe
Reviewed 16 May 2017

just back from the sol Costa Daurada my 4th time there. we stayed in room 508 from the 5th of may to the 12th of may.
We like this hotel as its always very clean ,in the mornings you will see the hotel cleaners up and around keeping every where spotless,the maid cleaned our room every day as well.As I have reviewed this hotel before my thoughts are still the same fantastic base,very clean, value for money hotel.
you can walk to the train station from the hotel to get a train to tarragona,The hotel reception staff were very helpful and printed off the time tables for us going and returning and the how much it would cost and pointed us into the right direction of the station.The hotel staff told us to catch either a express or regional train as these were direct trains with no stops.it took us around 20 mins by train from salou to tarragona,and when we arrived we walked to the tourist information to purchase tickets for the little brown train called tarracotren so we could have a sight seeing tour of this city.Tours cost 6e or day tickets where you get on and off all day cost 7e for adults.We also caught the bus to cambrills ,you get your tickets from salou ticket box just opposite macdonalds,we went there for the market which was really good,it cost 2e each one way to get there and buses run about every ten minutes,on your return visit my advice is not to get the bus from just outside the market but to walk straight down to the bus station as less people will be there and more chance of a seat.
while we were in salou it was my birthday and we went to the house of illusion,my partner brought vip tickets for this we got a private showing,sat at the very front and a 3 course meal and champagne,strawberry's on arrival and as much wine,and beer and soft drinks that you wanted.
Back to the hotel ,very good base for theme parks,not far to walk into town or beach or to the train station,they also hire bikes from the hotel too. over all we love it here the only down sides which most people will say is sometimes the food can be a bit hit and miss,but they do try to caterer for every ones tastes and you cant always please every one,but the restaurant staff were lovely and smiley to us and even the chef in his broken English tried his best to explain dishes and sauces to us.Also the air conditioning doesn't come on till the end of may and we had to sleep with the doors open so at night it could be a bit noisy until around 12.30,but hey we are on holiday so didnt feel the need to complain. The adult entertainment we saw was the show must go on it was a queen tribute band and very good.
We went with a company called jet 2,we didn't see a rep until the last day by chance in the reception,she explained she had been put down stairs on level-2 by the hotel manager which I feel she should be up in reception all the time in view so first timers know where to go and what to do.if you go to this hotel your return flight time pick ups are in a folder on the side desk at reception.They also have a very large luggage room for cases on departure days.This hotel also has a seat to lower disable people into the pool and also slopes into the hotel for wheel chair users.hope i have given you a good insight to this hotel every one expects different things from their holidays and hotels but I will still return as I love it.

Room tip: pool views best
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank linzief
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

myself, my husband and my two year old son are just back from our holidays in this hotel. Rooms were very clean and cleaned once a day. staff were friendly. Food was average. it was hit or miss on occasions. we are on gluten free food and there was none of this here. my 2 year old also has allergies and all he could eat for the week was beans and chips. outdoor pool was freezing. they have a small play area down near the pool for the younger children. loud at nighttime due to shows on but usually stopped around 12
it's in walking distance of portaventura,the town and the beach.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Noeleen J
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I'll start with the sleep or lack of, so much noise. People talking loudly and kids running down the corridors till 3-4am, doors slamming. They don't even try to be quiet. Try to get a room away from the elevators. Another problem we had is that we booked an air conditioned room and when I went to reception to ask why it wasn't working they just said they don't turn it on this time of year (April) so we paid for nothing then.

Next the food: do not pay half board, really not worth it. It was just school dinner slop. Eat at the local bars much better, or just go bed and breakfast would be a good option. Do not drink in the hotel, double price on the local bars.

The staff are 50/50 some very helpful and some really rude. They seem to cater better for the locals.

The hotel in general was clean. Rooms done every day. Beds are comfy. Good location for Portaventura.

I wouldn't recommend just because of the noise. It really was that bad. There are other hotels very close by that I would try instead of here next time. FYI they turn the air con on at the end of May.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 253luke
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Fantastic from start to finish. The food is beautiful, rooms are cleaned daily and beds very comfortable. Hotel is close to the town (10min walk) and very close to Port Aventura Park (less than 10 minutes). The best part about the hotel are the staff and especially the Entertainment staff and the kids club. My boys had such great fun every single day. We will be back. Thanks for such a great holiday.

Date of stay: April 2017