“fantastic ”

Salou Downhill Bikes
Ranked #1 of 19 Outdoor Activities in Salou
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get out of the resort and into the real Spain. This beautiful National park is only 25 mins from Salou, but with no public transport so many people miss out on the stunning scenery. Free-wheel down quite tarmac roads through rustic villages, see cliff top monasteries, olive groves, vineyards and majestic eagles soaring above your head. Join us for a half day trip or the full day event to enjoy a unique fun & exhilarating day out. Anyone who's ever ridden a bike can do it - for the fit and the unfit. Come and join us for something different and take home some special memories of this fabulous region. Please NOTE: our excursion run from 1st May - 31 Oct each year.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

just finished a morning bike ride FANTASTIC breathtaking views and a quiet way to see village life and people living the catalonia lifestyle. olive and almond trees cover the sides of the road as you gently desend onto the gentler slopes at the bottom.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Prompt pick up from the hotel but a very polite chap named Simon. Both mini-vans met at a nearby area so people could be paired with the bikes most appropriate for them...important for my wife as she's a bit vertically challenged haha.

Some would feel this to be a bit of a waste of time but they need to remember...not everyone is the same competency level and, in my experience, you need to accommodate for the lowest capability level. My advice...pay attention, do as instructed and this will speed things up.

You're given a good bike for your ability, a helmet which are in great condition and adjustable, and also a high vis vest. They also explain that passing cars will beep out of courtesy when approaching and passing.....great info as I would have panicked without being told this.

Once safety briefing was complete we drove for about 25 mins to the mountains and on the way Simon gave us some interesting info about the local area and the current political situation (Catalunya independence referendum coming up in Oct 2017).

Once at the start of each run, we had some photos taken by the team and we set off in order of capability (sensible approach). They advised that due to their operating licence they couldn't do a sort of stop-start for photos but go-pros were perfect (good tip for tech geeks). They also told us things to look out for on the way which was very helpful.

The views were superb and the terrain is breathtaking. A great comfort knowing that if you miss anything, they have pictures for you if you wish to purchase them. The pics don't just show where you've been but they have labels giving the names of places too.

The team are friendly, energetic, funny, and highly informative. This trip is a definite must and we will be doing the full day next time we're in Salou.

N.b. There was a young lady who took a minor fall from her bike and the excellent first aid skills were apparent. Excellent questioning and excellent treatment for minor cuts and bruises. This hopefully adds peace of mind to those who are less confident.

I stress, the fall was minor and I've seen worse paper cuts haha

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

What a brilliant time! The name says it all do not be put off by bike ride it's all downhill so very little peddling.

We did the Wednesday half day trip which included a trip to a vineyard and Winery, which makes the wine from the grapes from the vineyard we saw.

We got to sample some of the wines which were superb and no surprise one of them is is the top 15 of the best wines.

I cannot recommend this trip enough, the guides are fantastic the scenery breathtaking and just a brilliant half day.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This was a brilliant activity. We had an 11 year old with us and it was the first year we felt confident he would be ok on the bike. At first thought the price was a bit steep, but when you take into account the effort they put into it and the fact that you are doing good for the environment with this sustainable activity, you re-think your attitude.
The training is good enough, I hadn't been on bike ride in years- 20 to be exact- but said I'd chance it. It was fine though, wasn't as bad as I thought I would be. We had training run first and when I saw some of the others were in the same boat I relaxed. As easy as riding a bike.
We were put in different groups and felt safe all the way down.
Great day out and the lads were absolute gems. Their humour makes the day

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic day out! My wife and I booked the taste of Catalonia version of this day out which runs on a Wednesday. This gives you some downhill cycling and a visit to a vineyard and winery. Turned out to be a throughly excellent day. All the staff were very pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. The wine tasting was great too, very interesting!! I'd do it again and definitely recommend to others.

SalouDownhill, Owner at Salou Downhill Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your 5 star review - it really is important to us. Great to have you on board, thanks from the DHB team x