7 people are viewing this hotel
US$157
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$154
US$158
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
Hotels.comUS$158
TravelocityUS$158
travelup.comUS$157
2,878 results
All reviews wild west theme themed hotel western theme theme park main building grand opera western town park entrance express pass water park fast pass double bed half board sesame street fridge and microwave small kitchenette family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2022

Don't usually bother with reviews, but this has to be said, everything was going well we took our 2 boys on first holiday one of which is autistic, we had arrived at midnight at our hotel which we had booked and had confirmation of. They told us at reception without apologies that we are in a different hotel , this was incorrect they had messed up and then told us we were at the wrong hotel after queuing at check in. We were then taken to another hotel much further away. We basically didn't get what we had booked. However the holiday went fantastic as the boys had a great time in the park. On the last night at dinner, I had moved aside for a child to get there desert at the buffet. And I was pushed and shouted at by the one of the staff a lady on the desert station, she grabbed me and pushed me out of the way, she somehow thought I was trying to get in to her little desert station area. As I tried to explain I was merely moving aside she was pointing at me and shouting in an aggressive tone. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the staff to act like that. We paid a lot of money and I certainly didn't need to abused in that manner. Shame really as we just tried to make the best of our holiday but these things really do spoil it for the families that come here.

1  Thank CraigM2747
Reviewed 23 July 2022

Booked 4 night stay with my daughter, Was disappointed with the room and hotel Lucy Joe's. The corridors were dark due to poor lighting.

The room decor was shabby and bedding old and washed out furniture damaged and skirting board broken. This was a 3 star room at best nothing like the photo's on Jet 2 website. I will never book with Jet 2 again because they were unhelpful and miss-sold this holiday package.

The staff at the hotel were great and helpful.

Room tip: Make sure you don't get placed at Lucy Joe;s hotel
1  Thank julesh382
Reviewed 18 July 2022 via mobile

Very slow personal

friendly but totally inefficient

I don't understand any language other than Spanish

everything takes a long time

The rating is for services and customer orientation

the park is built with great attention to detail, children are delighted

2  Thank patrickbR2755AB
Reviewed 14 July 2022

Positives: Food very good, lovely staff in restaurant. Comfy beds, convenient for theme park and airport.

Negatives: There was an overwhelming stink of sewers/drains throughout the main building ( City Hall). Even in the bedrooms the smell came through the air conditioning. We had to sleep with this off , depending on just the very small opening of the window ( No balconies) in very high temperatures. Our grandson has a chronic lung condition so after some trouble we managed to at least get them ( he and his parents) moved to another room in one of the annexes.
The reception is drastically under-manned. It took us at least half an hour to check-in. Our flight had been brought forward by 7 hours by Jet2 resulting in us arriving at the hotel around 9 a.m. We couldn't access our rooms until 3 p.m. when they promised to send a text telling us the room numbers. By 3.30 no such text arrived so we had to join the wretched queue again!
The poolside staff were very bossy- some of their rules made no sense, and they were arrogant in how they imposed them.
The monopoly on drink and refreshment prices due to the site being isolated from any shops etc. meant we had no choice but to pay up over the odds. There's no bus stop nearby we were told by reception.
We went as a family , 2 parents, 2 grandparents and the above - mentioned child with Cystic Fibrosis. This was his first holiday at the age of nearly 6, having been afraid to travel due to Covid coupled with his condition. We paid well over £4k for the week, after researching in depth this venue. We had noted that their ethos is to help chronically ill children , 'Dreams' being their charity. It was implied in advance that he'd be allowed a fast track wristband due to his illness making it dangerous to stand around in close proximity to others for long periods. We were told to take his documentation proving his condition to Customer Services on the park on arrival. We were horrified to be met by unsympathetic and unempathetic staff. They seemed to have never heard of his condition even though it is rife in Spain. In summary, they flatly refused to grant him the fast track and were arrogant in their attitude. It was heart-breaking to witness him having to see other kids enjoying themselves on rides he couldn't enjoy because he was unable to queue.
The final straw was that we requested a wake-up call for 6.30 a.m. to be ready for our 7.30 transfer pick-up. They forgot to do it, making us have a stressful rush to leave.
The theme park allowed way too many visitors to enter resulting in impossibly long queues. Don't even bother to go to Ferrari land. The queues were about 2 hours long for the most attractive rides/experiences.
Our terrible treatment regarding our grandson has made us never wish to visit this place again.

Room tip: Avoid the smelly main block, City Hall.
1  Thank Jane N
Reviewed 4 July 2022 via mobile

As a family of 5 we stayed in Hotel Porta Ventura last years as a treat. Beautiful hotel and lovely clean room, staff were helpful. This year we decided to stay here for one night. As others here have expressed customer service was awful. Automated response to email and replies in later part of 48 hours. I did not receive an email confirmation and when I queried I was asked for my number. Forget calling it just doesn’t work! So we got there and the reception areas was lovely. I thought ok, not so bad. We had checked in online but had to queue for the room keys. We were not given a room number so we had to go back and queue again at 3 for the room
Number . Got the room number so despite online check in this was the most complicated check in I have ever done. As this was a family Holliday we had plenty of bags. I was shown a map where the room was and left off to bring the bags. I asked the bell boy for a trolley who reluctantly lent me one but stressed I needed to bring it back. We ate at the restaurant on the ground. Over priced and awful. Waited for half an hour for a ham and sheers sandwich to then be told the kitchen was closed. Finally got the sandwich there was some mix up between staff who clearly did not get on. Fast forward to bedtime…. Long day abs 3 tired kids we head to the room to find a massive cock roche on the pillow. Back to reception, who didn’t quibble at all abs moved us. Again on our own carting bags from one building to another in the dark looking for a new room! Found the room and by 2am finally had kids to sleep. Was glad to leave the room
Next morning at 730am. These were just the main issues. Customer service is awful across the board here so at most I wound rate This hotel a low 3 star. Grounds were cool and impressive , lovely looking pools and grounds but there was an awful smell of sewerage. Maybe it’s time they invested in a update for this hotel. Such a pity as when we first arrived it looked like it was going to be a great place to stay. Very disappointed.

2  Thank Theresa M