“Well worth a visit!”

Cook and Travel
Ranked #9 of 374 Restaurants in Salou
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant last night based on the excellent TA reviews and was not disappointed.

The Menu is very interesting and diverse and there's something for everyone. We had the Miami burger which was tremendous and the Risotto which was also very good.

Manual was our waiter and was an absolute credit to the restaurant. Really nice guy who clearly knew about all of the dishes and helped explain how they are cooked.

Only downside is that the rest of the staff weren't very friendly which is why I've scored it as 4 stars and not 5. When we entered the staff looked us up and down and spoke in Spanish before taking us to our table. Based on previous reviews not sure if this was because I had shorts on (smart chino ones with a Polo shirt) however it wasn't a particularly warm welcome.

Restaurant was surprisingly very quiet for a Friday night which was a shame however this may be down to the location as it's hidden away a little

All in all would definitely make another visit if we were to return to Salou.

1  Thank Jamie344
There are newer reviews for Cook and Travel

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Visit again later night & the strange but clever menu was well received by the youngest member of the family - 13 year old food critic in the making lol.

Pizza, tacos & curry all shared with a nice recommended Rioja so good night all in all.

If you want something a bit different & something to make you think then this is your place, standard meat & 2 veg diners should avoid as this won't tick any boxes at for you.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I'll start by saying that I definitely did not expect to find a restaurant like Cook and Travel in Salou; the service, style and menu are all things one would typically expect to find in London or Barcelona.

My girlfriend and I had the 7 course tasting menu and it was delicious, consistently full of surprises and not like any food we'd had before. The chefs are clearly very talented and it's readily apparent that the ingredients and produce used to prepare the meal are fresh and locally sourced. Each dish was a taste sensation and presented beautifully.

I'd be remissed if I didn't take a moment to point out the wonderful service that we were given... Our server, Manuel, was friendly, courtesious and very conscientious. This really made the night that little bit more special; we felt really taken care of.

We paid around €60 each which we thought was reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Note - No shorts no flip flops allowed at this restaurant. Was looking forward to trying it out, disappointed we hadn't seen this pointed out in other reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I saved ' Cook and Travel' until the last night of my holiday based on TA reviews. It was a great move.
The entire restaurant is very stylish, and the service is first class. Manuel and Fabio looked after us so well, explaining each dish and the concept of the restaurant.
My family party of 6 shared three dishes as starters. The beef capaccio with pesto cream was outstanding. Nachos were also taken to a new level.
We chose a main each, every one stunning in its own way. Risotto was ....
(I won't give the surprise away- just order it; magnificent): 7 cheese pizza - tangy and delicious, fish taco's - sublime. And the tuna carpaccio left the water speechless with its combination of flavours.
Our best meal of the week. I highly recommend you hunt this restaurant out.