Hotel San Fermin(Benalmadena)
  • Bar/Lounge
US$238
US$134
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$176
MS Alay Apartments(Benalmadena)
US$128
US$92
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$111
US$107
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$135
US$128
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

Hotel Best Siroco(Benalmadena)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$180
US$175
2,487 results
All reviewsindoor poolsteep hillself cateringsnack barkids clubsloping ceilingmini clubshort cutsauna and steam roomthe underground car parkburger kinghalf boardfootball pitchfoam partygames roomone bedroom apartmentparrot show
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This was our 4th stay in the Palace and we are already looking forward to going back. Check in was straightforward and efficient. Our room 320 is on the same floor as reception and on the opposite side of the hotel to the pool. The beds were usual 2 single beds together but were comfortable. The room was cleaned daily. I’d suggest booking a poolside room on a higher floor when making a booking, as the room didn’t get much sunshine and there was no view other than from the edge of the balcony. Previously we stayed on floor 5, with a poolside view. It was not the hotels fault, it was mine when booking. The kids club and mini disco are great for the children, Cisco and Fatima were very energetic with the children at the Disco. The indoor pool was great. The renovated gym looks good. We stayed bed and breakfast, and the breakfast is wonderful. The type of food doesn’t vary from day to day but there is plenty of variety. Continental style, eggs, omeletes, bacon, cheeses, fruit, it’s all there. Special mention to Ana & Vanesa in the breakfast room who always had a smile on their faces, and a great welcome each morning. Mario on reception is as helpful as always. This year we brought our 6 year olds scooter which was a lot easier to push up the big hill than the previous buggy. The walk and stroll to the Marina is wonderful. All in all can’t wait to go back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Colm W
Jacqueline S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Benalmadena Palace Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Colm,
Many thanks for choosing our Hotel for your 4th stay with us and for writing the kindest feedback. We are so pleased that once more you had a pleasant stay and that you liked the refurbishment works at the gym. We appreciate also your compliments for breakfast and for our staff, specially for Mario, Ana, Vanessa, Cisco and Fatima.
We are glad you found a good way with the scooter, although we would also like to recommend our minibus service. It runs daily till 17.00 (free service). Thank you for recommending us and it will be a great pleasure to welcoming you again for your fifth visit! Kindest regards from the Benalmadena Palace team.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Spent 28 days there with a group of friends for the 2nd year running. Once again we I was delighted with the experience. I booked half board and was delighted with the quality and choices of food at both breakfast and dinner. The staff were friendly and helpfull. A special mention for Mario reception, Ana restaurant hostess and reception and of Cisco everyones friend. Facilities great especially indoor pool and spa as in January it was slightly cool to use outdoor pool.The apartments were comfortable and kept very clean. Looking forward to extending my stay to six weeks next year.

Room Tip: Best to book a room with a pool view from floors four or five.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank andyracecourse

Dear Andy,
Thank you for the lovely review and for choosing our Hotel for a winter long stay for the 2nd time!
It is a pleasure to read that you have fully enjoyed the breakfast and dinner buffets with show cooking. Mario, Ana and Csico are very grateful for your special mention! We will all be delighted to welcome you on return next year! Warmest regards from the Benalmadena Palace team.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Great location close to the beach and a 15 minute walk into Benalmadena and the marina. Stayed in the one bedroom apartment, this was a good size with bedroom, bathroom and a living area which included sofa bed, table and chairs and a small kitchen area. Also had a good sized balcony. We had breakfast included and there was a great range of food to choose from. The pool area was well kept and didn't get too busy though this might be different in high season. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JCS82
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel/apartment for 15days.

PROS:
- Staff were very friendly and helpful.
- The facilities within the hotel are great.
Includes: spa, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, swimming pool. Small gym. Mini golf. Arcade. Bar. Restaurant. Shop.
-There’s plenty space to lounge around and relax.
- Comfortable bed ! Memory foam pillows. I had very good quality sleep whilst here.
- GREAT PRICE ! Yes I stayed in off-season but the price was great for an apartment of this size...
- Good size: can sleep up to 4people.

CONS:
- On arrival I found cheap sweets scattered around my room, this gave me a quick first impression of this hotel. I didn’t like the idea of this.
- The gym but in my opinion it was too basic to full-fill any of my training needs. I signed up to a different gym whilst staying here.
- To obtain a robe a deposit is required of €20, although you get this back I feel as though a robe should be basic amenities of a 4*.
- The room was tidy but there were parts which were not up to standard. Eg. Yellow stains on towels (I saw this on 30% of the towels I saw whilst staying here), there was grease under some of the kitchen equipment which I realised after touching. I found someone’s ID In my room... and crumbs on the pull out sofa bed... the room was cleaned but not thoroughly.
- Cleaners come to your room daily to clean BUT do not do your dishes, cleaning dishes is charged at €15. There was also nothing provided for me to clean my dishes with... I resorted to taking a sponge from a local friend and washing my dishes with shower gel for the whole time I was here.

OVERALL:
A great location for family holidays, would be amazing for kids.
The price is very good.

I believe this place is lacking the finesse of a typical 4*. I would say this is more a 3* with good facilities.
Not to say I did not enjoy my stay, I really enjoyed my time here. I was just disappointed by a few details that did not meet my expectations.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This trip was booked by my father as a 30th Birthday Present in the hopes of giving my husband and I a couple of days away from work to relax.
When checking into the hotel and seeing the rooms location it was straight away a let down. Our hotel room (417, please make sure if you do stay here that you don’t receive this room) was smack bang above the entrance doors and drive way for reception and what can only be described as some sort of laundry room or generator room considering the constant loud humming that came straight up into the bedroom.
When we had asked to change rooms we were told it would be an additional 50€ charge per night. (As we were checking out I also noticed the people in the queue next to us were requesting a room change, they were in room 420 so I’m presuming they had a similar issue to ourselves)
We had requested parking via booking.com before arrival and received an email stating that it was confirmed and there would be no additional charge for the request. Upon arriving at the hotel I was promptly told that the parking would be 9€ a day and that the email I had received was just to tell me that asking for it wasn’t going to incur a charge but if I wanted secure parking (minimal street parking was the only other option) then I would need to pay the charge.
The swimming pool had been advertised as child free between 8am-10am and again 8pm-10pm, this is not the case it is only child free 8am-10am and not at all later on.
The bar staff in the evening bar were very friendly and helpful, however the cocktails were so full of sugar syrup it was actually making us feel sick after two mouthfuls, add in that there was still children running round and screaming at gone 11pm (it’s advertised as child free by this point) and it was a much better option to just go to bed.
When we went to go to bed however the additional pillow in the wardrobe was actually covered in mold, the cups in plastic wrap next to the bathroom sink were in no way clean and had dirty marks on them and the bed sheets on the actual beds had rips in them.
My husband went down to reception and they did replace the pillow with a clean one, but by that point it’s quite off-putting.
Trying to sleep was just a nightmare due to the constant humming coming from directly below us (it literally sounded like a washing machine running continuously) we tried putting aircon on just to numb the sound from below without any luck, the only option in the end was to put headphones in and listen to music whilst trying to sleep.
When showering the following morning please be prepared to have zero pressure (the sink tap had better pressure and a more steady temperature) and to literally be scalded by boiling water one second and frozen by freezing water the next, this is all without touching the temperature gauge.
The end result was that we actually checked out of the hotel a day early and returned home, I would have rather driven home in the dark than stayed another night.
All in all it was a very disappointing trip and most defiantly a hotel I will never be returning to or recommending to anyone!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ClaireCossins
Jacqueline S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Benalmadena Palace Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Claire,
Thank you for choosing our Hotel and for your feedback. We have read your feedback with huge concern. We are very sad to read that you had problems with the noise in the room, and that we were not able to offer you a more suitable room. Normally, there is an extra charge for upgrade to pool view, but for moving to a similar room there is no charge at all. Also the upgrade to pool view in this time of the year is only 13.50€ per night. The adults only swimming is only from 8am-10am. All our pools are closed by 8pm.
Our outside parking is free, and inside parking has a cost of 9 euros We have just checked on the emails and Mario sent you 2 emails offering you an indoor parking space for 8 euros per night, but we never received a reply. Also, this information is clearly stated on the website of Booking.com. We will check inmediately on your shower and the bedlinnen.
We hope you accept our sincere apologies and hope we can still rebuild your confidence for a next visit. Kindest regards from the Benalmadena Palace team.