Benalmadena Palace Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Hydros(Benalmadena)
US$172
US$188
US$163
  • Pool
MS Alay Apartments(Benalmadena)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$72
US$91
US$84
  • Restaurant
2,394 results
All reviewsindoor poolsteep hillself cateringsnack barkids clubsloping ceilingmini clubshort cutsauna and steam roomthe underground car parkburger kingfootball pitchhalf boardgames roomfoam partyparrot showone bedroom apartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This trip was booked by my father as a 30th Birthday Present in the hopes of giving my husband and I a couple of days away from work to relax.
When checking into the hotel and seeing the rooms location it was straight away a let down. Our hotel room (417, please make sure if you do stay here that you don’t receive this room) was smack bang above the entrance doors and drive way for reception and what can only be described as some sort of laundry room or generator room considering the constant loud humming that came straight up into the bedroom.
When we had asked to change rooms we were told it would be an additional 50€ charge per night. (As we were checking out I also noticed the people in the queue next to us were requesting a room change, they were in room 420 so I’m presuming they had a similar issue to ourselves)
We had requested parking via booking.com before arrival and received an email stating that it was confirmed and there would be no additional charge for the request. Upon arriving at the hotel I was promptly told that the parking would be 9€ a day and that the email I had received was just to tell me that asking for it wasn’t going to incur a charge but if I wanted secure parking (minimal street parking was the only other option) then I would need to pay the charge.
The swimming pool had been advertised as child free between 8am-10am and again 8pm-10pm, this is not the case it is only child free 8am-10am and not at all later on.
The bar staff in the evening bar were very friendly and helpful, however the cocktails were so full of sugar syrup it was actually making us feel sick after two mouthfuls, add in that there was still children running round and screaming at gone 11pm (it’s advertised as child free by this point) and it was a much better option to just go to bed.
When we went to go to bed however the additional pillow in the wardrobe was actually covered in mold, the cups in plastic wrap next to the bathroom sink were in no way clean and had dirty marks on them and the bed sheets on the actual beds had rips in them.
My husband went down to reception and they did replace the pillow with a clean one, but by that point it’s quite off-putting.
Trying to sleep was just a nightmare due to the constant humming coming from directly below us (it literally sounded like a washing machine running continuously) we tried putting aircon on just to numb the sound from below without any luck, the only option in the end was to put headphones in and listen to music whilst trying to sleep.
When showering the following morning please be prepared to have zero pressure (the sink tap had better pressure and a more steady temperature) and to literally be scalded by boiling water one second and frozen by freezing water the next, this is all without touching the temperature gauge.
The end result was that we actually checked out of the hotel a day early and returned home, I would have rather driven home in the dark than stayed another night.
All in all it was a very disappointing trip and most defiantly a hotel I will never be returning to or recommending to anyone!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ClaireCossins
Jacqueline S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Benalmadena Palace Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Claire,
Thank you for choosing our Hotel and for your feedback. We have read your feedback with huge concern. We are very sad to read that you had problems with the noise in the room, and that we were not able to offer you a more suitable room. Normally, there is an extra charge for upgrade to pool view, but for moving to a similar room there is no charge at all. Also the upgrade to pool view in this time of the year is only 13.50€ per night. The adults only swimming is only from 8am-10am. All our pools are closed by 8pm.
Our outside parking is free, and inside parking has a cost of 9 euros We have just checked on the emails and Mario sent you 2 emails offering you an indoor parking space for 8 euros per night, but we never received a reply. Also, this information is clearly stated on the website of Booking.com. We will check inmediately on your shower and the bedlinnen.
We hope you accept our sincere apologies and hope we can still rebuild your confidence for a next visit. Kindest regards from the Benalmadena Palace team.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Outstanding 4**** Hotel.

5* Star Hotel service from check in with Mario, Information by susanne and Luggage reception with Ricardo (Bus driver)

Reception and maintenance always helpful and very Quick.

Lovely room, clean and sunshine view.

Goody Breakfast and snack bar food. Loved the disco pub with Restaurant Manager Simon, and barkeepers Sergio and Juan.

But best of all the entertainment!!! Our Kids loved benys club. (especially verónica)They spend there almost the whole Day. it has some incredible opening hours (10.30 am to 10.30pm never seen anywhere else) While my husband enjoyed the big fun activities with sisco. And me having some fitness yoga pilates and relax with lovely and professional Raquel.
Just to see them all in some broadway like first class performances in the evening shows. Brilliant and lots of Hard Work to keep everybody entertained.

Use the backdoor shortcut to the supermarket and benys bus to get to the town or marina.

Thank you all and see u next year!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank margabeck

Dear Marga,
Many many thanks for your awesome feedback and for choosing our Hotel!!
We are so pleased to know that we have beaten your expectations and that you have fully enjoyed our facilities, such like the fitness/yoga with Raquel, our performances, and our mini club. we will certeainly also pass on your compliments to Mario, Susana and Ricardo!
Thanks for the tip for other guests and we would be delighted to welcoming you again soon!
Warmest regards from the Benalmadena Palace team and a big hug from Beny for the kids!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

This is the second time I have stayed at Benalmádena Palace. As a disabled person, this hotel is very accommodating. On my first visit I did not sample the cuisine in the hotel restaurant only in the snack-bar. On this occasion I have now tried the buffet on two occasions. Obviously, if I have returned, the offering must be at least fair. I should prefer to have rated the buffet as good rather than very good; but average does not do the main dining area justice.

On this occasion the amiable and helpful Miriam, who also serves in the snack-bar on occasion, advised me & took my order for a bottle of house cava. I did not think I should finish it; but after two hours of gobbling I did actually up-end the bottle.

On both occasions I have sampled soups. The first soup was a cream soup and quite tasty. The latest was based on tripe. It looked extremely ugly, but tasted fabulous.

My second course on each occasion was fish. The first time was deep-fried whitebait and this time the most delicious, tender and juicy sword-fish, I think. Perfectly cooked and so tasty. Full marks to the chef! (My regular readers know I adore my fish & seafood.)

On the first occasion I sampled mago, which was fine, but nothing special. I have sampled much better at La Huerta in Arroyo de la Miel. On this occasion I plummed for roast turkey with stuffing and selected Asian salad as an accompaniment as I could find no potatoes (except chips). The turkey was dry - I sampled pieces from three parts of the slice I had selected - all without any real flavour and all I wished I could have spat out. I suspect the flesh had been under the heat lamps far too long. The stuffing could stand on its own: a sort of plastic pork concoction. It needed more breadcrumb & herbs or spices. The Asian salad on the other hand was a veritable delight: vinagry & sweet and crisp and overflowing with textures, colours & flavours. Full marks!

After my Asian salad, I went for the Japanese-style prawn dim sum, described in Spanish as empanadillas. These were crisp, non-greasy and soooo tasty. I consumed half-a-dozen of them with soy sauce swiped from the sushi counter. I could quite happily have just taken a huge bowl of these and returned to my room to gobble them in front of the TV-set (don't do it, the hotel will surcharge you!).

Next I decided upon a vegetarian noodle dish. The fine noodles were neither too soggy nor too crispy, but just right. Goldilocks would have scoffed the lot! The Chinese mushrooms were neither soggy nor too firm. Again spot on. (Mushrooms are not that easy to source in Andalusia, so I should dearly love to know where the chef sourced these tasty morsels!) The roast red-peppers had a wonderful fruit-like texture and a concentrated sweet flavour. Oh yes. The only issue with the dish was an over-abundance of crudely chopped onion - hardly an authentic Oriental dish.

For dessert I opted for Stracciatella & vanilla ice-creams. Hardly artisanal; but refreshing and quite acceptable. I followed this with a selection of fresh fruit, melon & pineapple, which were perfectly fine, and a small selection of pâtisserie. The latter were very disappointing. I doubt the cook really knew how to make choux-pastry, as the concoctions were crunchy rather than satisfyingly chewy. The other confections were just sugary overdoses with no real distinct flavours. However, one ought to take account that Spanish pâtisserie is not up to Italian or Viennese standards anywhere I have visited. Nonetheless, I keep sampling cakes wherever I go, hoping to encounter a better offering. The best widely-available Spanish confection in my opinion is their tarta de manzana (apple tart - but nothing like those found in UK or Germanic countries), which wherever I go seems to be of a fairly high standard.

As a final comment, Nouu, a French student on work-experience, was premiering his shushi skills. He was most entertaining, and many folk stopped to watch him in process and his results were sampled and scoffed. As a regular sushi-eater the rice for me was overdone and too starchy. It had lost its integrity. I later spoke to the main chef, and he is going to offer sweet sushi next week - so I shall be back!

At €14.50, the buffet is extremely good value for money. Whilst for this money one might consider that rejecting the not so good dishes as acceptable, I personally hate to see food go to waste. There is far more that is good, occasionally really good, about the buffet than is below par. So I personally recommend giving it a try. My fish dish alone would have been €10-12 elsewhere, and I ate far more. And if you have kiddies, they seem to love it, especially all the desserts! ;)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Colin-Roy H
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Arrived around 12pm and our room was ready. Rather surprised to be expected to settle account on arrival rather than departure.I have never done that in any other hotel. Our room was on the seventh floor at the end of the corridor and proved to be an ideal location, quiet with a lift opposite.

We had an apartment with sitting room with cooking facilities, fridge and microwave.The bedroom was around the corner. The snag-the room was in the sloping part of the roof and deceased from around 12ft high in the dining room to around 4ft high in the bedroom. It proved impossible to sit in bed and read. We moved the bed! My wife still had to bend double to go the loo at night. Not a major problem but may be a consideration for some.

We ate twice in the hotel restaurant. Plenty of choice, both hot and cold dishes. Not bad value at 14 euros and even better if you go twice( brings price down to 12 euros).

Used the gym and pool a lot as the weather was not brilliant. My wife loved the warm pool. The gym was OK, cross trainer and bike worked although a treadmill was out f action.There was a,lot of renovation and decoration going on and it was looking very smart when we left.

Staff were very friendly and efficient- no complaints at all.

One suggestion- there is a very convenient path down to the local supermarket which is far less steep than the main entrance to the hotel. We used it all the time but it is unlit and as we visited in January was difficult to follow after 6pm.

There is entertainment but we did not see any as we are early risers and it didn't start until 1030pm, normal I suppose for Spain. We are not into bingo.

We visited this area last year and stayed closer to Torremolinos which is a little more convenient for bars,restaurants and shopping. If you just want a pool, beach and don't mind children this is ideal.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jsdmr2
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in January 18 for 5 nights. Really great staff. Hotel very nice. Bar very dated and dark. But the food i found to be poor standard.breakfast was a real let down. Omlettes took for ever and foid was cold eggs over or under down. Pastries never touched and looked like same display each day and not many takers. A shame really as hotel in great place really clean great facilities indoor pool area was lovely and outdoor pools too. If Food was better this would be a good spot to go.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank David N
Jacqueline S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Benalmadena Palace Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear David,
Thank you for your recent stay in our Hotel. We are sad to read that you were disappointed by our buffets. We shall forward your comments to our chef and look for better options where possible. Thank you also for your compliments for the rest of our services and facilities. Kindest regards from the Benalmadena Palace team.