10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$198
Expedia.comUS$198
Orbitz.comUS$198
eDreamsUS$198
TravelocityUS$198
PricelineUS$198
All reviews family pool rooftop bar infinity pool area captain morgan s lovely hotel food hygiene few teething problems a la carte restaurants main buffet restaurant premium drinks private beach rooms have a sea view stayed for four nights great weekend lots of sun loungers hotel guests check in was quick and efficient
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2020 via mobile

Currently staying here. Nice hotel very clean and refreshed after refurb. Food on all inclusive nice, lots of choice. Staff in general friendly. Paid for an upgraded room but it’s very basic and shower gel not regularly replenished, which I would expect. I booked specifically as it said it had an adults only pool and rooftop bar and sun area. We like to go to the bar early evening at 6.30 for a couple of cocktails pre dinner. Lots of very young kids running around not being supervised by parents. Playing loud iPads which conflicts with the ambient music, making it quite stressful. I complained to reception staff who told me it’s a family area from 8pm until midnight. I find this ridiculous for young children to be out until such late hours but the brochure says adult only full stop. I may not have booked had I known this. I have children myself so I am certainly not anti children but it’s just too disruptive so we are overall disappointed really. They have even just put an adults only sign on the door yet reception staff seem to be fobbing me off
If you like screaming kids that’s fine but if you want some peace and relaxation, perhaps it’s not for you. Here until Saturday

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Safari97943
Palladium Hotel Group, Marketing at Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2020

Dear Safari97943,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedbkack with us.

We are sorry to hear that your experience has been a bit dissapointing. We do have an adults only pool on the first floor. As for the rooftop bar many families enjoy taking their children up there, that is why we included a slot for them to enjoy the views and atmosphere with the whole family.

Kind regards,

Customer Care Team

Reviewed 4 April 2020

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at the Palladium Hotel in October 2019 for a 5 night stay. It was clearly recently renovated and I can not lie, the facilities and quality of our room was superb. The staff were also incredibly pleasant. I do however want to warn those looking at booking a stay here - especially those planning to travel with children or the elderly. Our holiday was ruined after my girlfriend having to spend the final 2 days in a nearby hospital.

There is no question in my mind - there is a serious issue with food hygiene/quality at the hotel. The restaurant puts on an incredibly wide selection of food. If I had my time again, I would've stuck to the cold items on offer. On the first night, I very narrowly avoided eating raw chicken skewers. The next few nights in fact I found my dodging fairly sketchy looking food, i.e. undercooked meats. Part of the package was an option to eat in one of the hotel's specialist restaurants - we selected the Thai restaurant. We both ordered chicken satay as a starter and to our horror, they were both completely raw. Needless to say, the waiter was incredibly embarrassed.

Unfortunately, on our penultimate day at the hotel my girlfriend fell incredibly ill and was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital where she spent the rest of our 'holiday'. It was effectively ruined.

On our return, naturally, we raised our disappointment with the hotel and gently asked whether they would offer us anything given we did not spend our remaining 2 days at the hotel, as a goodwill gesture. Their response was nothing short of belligerent and threatening. Not only did they accept zero responsibility for my girlfriend being hospitalised (stating that she probably fell ill eating outside the restaurant...when we only ate at the Palladium), they threatened to involve their lawyers. They even told us that they'd called the hospital and found out that my girlfiend's illness was not due to food poisoning. Questioning this (given the GDPR environment we live in!), I then called the hospital and they told me that they would never share anyone's medical history.

We felt upset and intimidated and therefore did not wish to pursue the complaint any further. All we wanted was the hotel to accept some responsibility and perhaps sympathise with the fact we had lost part of our holiday and the fact that we'd been served raw food on more than 1 occasion. All we received was aggression and disinterest.

So, please - I urge people to really consider my experience, as it was horrible. From reading other reviews, we are not the only people to experience this. An improvement in food quality and this hotel really would be unrivalled.

Date of stay: October 2019
7  Thank Z6175VRsimona
Customer_Care_PHG, General Manager at Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for once again sharing your experience at Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol in October 2019.

We sincerely feel that you had this unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel and that you returned home with that feeling.

We have responded on numerous occasions to all the emails that you have sent us and we replied to another comment of yours on TripAdvisor on October 13, 2019.

The facts that you describe are very serious and neither you nor your wife have at any time provided medical evidence to prove the facts of which you accuse us.

We want you to give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol so that you can enjoy a relaxing and pleasant experience. You can be sure that we will take care of you closely throughout your stay.

However, we remain at your entire disposal for any doubt or query that you may have regarding this case.

Yours sincerely,
Hotel Management

Reviewed 28 March 2020

We stayed for a week from 9 March 2020 and were allocated to our sea view room (708) what a gorgeous view!
The hotel was only 50% full at the start of the week and only 25% by the end of the week.
The check in was quick and efficient. They have a wrist band system which I haven't come across before. It has a chip inside to open your room door and it is also meant to be scanned by the staff with their mobile phones at the bar and restaurant for drinks (we were All inclusive) However we soon realised this wasn't very practical as the staff were constantly having issues with their phones so consequently just made a note of your room number.
I imagine this has raised a lot of concern and maybe an alternative method will be chosen.
The room was very spacious, clean, modern and quiet! Tea & coffee facilities and safety deposit box are free.
For TV geeks the only English speaking channels are CNN and Aljazeera news - which was by the way very informative under the circumstances as we were all getting worried about the Coronavirus situation.

The 12th floor rooftop sunbathing/bar area is amazing! There's 3 jacuzzis and plenty of sunbeds/seating areas. The views are fabulous!
We managed to have 2 yoga sessions up there (unfortunately the 3rd one had to be cancelled) which we thoroughly enjoyed. The yoga teacher was brilliant.

The beach is gorgeous and kept very clean. The larger swimming pool on the beach was open but only a handful of people there. The small infinity adult only pool was open (it was far too cold for me!) It's a sun trap area.

We used the gym - which is quite small but adequate.

The food in the main buffet restaurant was varied and fresh. I have already mentioned to the hotel about making the signage clearer and more informative (i.e. not just Fish or Beef) plus the importance of making allergy signage clear as there is none at the moment. My partner is Coeliac and there is no gluten free information on anything and the staff didn't really understand the true meaning of gluten free. Anyway I have brought it to the hotels attention - I hope they do manage to implement correct information.

We had 2 A la carte meals - one in the Asian restaurant for my partners birthday - the food was well presented and delicious. They even brought him a gluten free piece of cake! Many thanks!

The Mediterranean lunch was again well presented although the portions were quite small.

The hotel staff were marvellous - friendly and helpful at all times. It was very difficult for them as the week went on as they had to start wearing masks and gloves.
By Saturday evening 14 March Spain was under lock down so we all had to stay in the hotel. By this point the staff were becoming increasingly nervous - understandable as we were too!

We were lucky with the amazingly sunny weather the first 5 days and the last 2 were cloudy but under the circumstances it didn't matter as we had to stay in the hotel anyway.

There is very little to do around the hotel. There is a supermarket around 300 metres away and a couple of bars/cafes but that's it.
The bus stop is about 3-4 mins walk away - we went to Fuengirola before the lock down was announced. It was 1.65 euros each way.

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff who did an amazing job under very stressful circumstances.

We were very lucky to get our flight home on Mon 16 March with Jet2 (who were also amazing all the way)

If you are looking for a good quality hotel with great facilities on the beach but in a quiet location then this is definitely for you.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

2  Thank Carol Y
Customer_Care_PHG, Guest Relations Manager at Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2020

Dear Carol,

Thank you for the great feedback of your recent holiday experience at our Palladium Costa del Sol; guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that, we are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

We deeply appreciate your words even more now in these difficult times.

We are so happy that you have returned home well and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

We have just left the hotel today (18th March). We spent the last two days in our rooms as the hotel gradually withdrew the use of communal areas.
However, not only were these measures beyond the control of the Hotel, it was absolutely the right thing to do in the circumstances.

Without exception, all of the staff were cheerful and took pleasure in making guests as comfortable as they could.

The guests we spoke with were grateful and humbled that the staff continued to come to work and do their best in difficult circumstances.

The hotel was spotless, beach area lovely and lots of places to relax during the day.
Palladium Hotel Group has earned so much customer loyalty by their faultless service.
We hope things settle in Spain and send our best wishes to the staff and their families.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Berksa
Reviewed 15 March 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for my birthday...check in was quick and car parking on site which was bonus as we had hired a car....rooms are lovely..glad we weren’t staying for longer though as limited drawer space...views from the room are beautiful and the sun hits the balcony most of the day...main bar was good...staff were going as quick as they could...wristbands seemed a bit stupid...if the hotel was full you would be waiting a LONG time for a drink...not the staffs fault at all...you could see they were frustrated with it...loved the nuts they give you at the bar too...restaurant was ok...food a bit boring and a shame the cooking stations weren’t being used...breakfast was the best meal...lunch and dinner was hit and miss...the variety of bread was great though...gotta love the breads and carbs on holiday!!!roof terrace was amazing...very relaxing and the views were stunning...didn’t manage to get to the pool area although it looked lovely from afar....drinks were good...bonus of being AI was you could buy premium drinks for half price...magners for 2 euros in the day went down a treat....entertainment was ok...better than some I’ve experienced in the hotel...now for the downside...checkout...LLLOOONNNGGG....very disorganised and the locals thought they had priority check out...saw them push in front of various people and staff at the reception desk seemed to encourage it and say nothing!!Good hotel for exploring the coast!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vickidob
Customer_Care_PHG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Palladium Hotel Costa del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear Vicki,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are glad to hear the hotel met your expectations.

Thank you for your comments about the wristband, since this is something we plan to change.

We are sorry to hear your experience during the checkout was a bit disappointing and we will check with the Reception Manager to find out what happened during that shift.

We hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,