1,546 results
All reviews pool bar superior room lovely hotel large hotel free safe sea view just returned from this hotel plenty of sunbeds bus stop at busy times rooms were spotless relaxing holiday half board plenty of choice animation team the costa del sol sun loungers
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Two more stays at the Hotel Torrequebrada, August & October, and very enjoyable they were, too.
My beautiful young wife and I really love this property and location.
The staff are as friendly and helpful as ever but remain under pressure, a few extra at Reception, Bars and Restaurant would be a relief for all. Victoria in the restaurant and Miguel, Pepi & Ursula in Bar Saphir deserve special mention.
I never previously had any complaints about the breakfast buffet although its standard had decreased a little in past years.
However, I can report that it's back up there again and especially in the juice and bakery departments.
The pool is now opening at 9.00 rather than the 10.30 quoted on the signs which is much better - I generally am finished my swimming for the day by that later time.
We didn't use the AI option but found bar prices to be reasonable.
The location is, of course, still great being close to everything without being surrounded by the less desirable tourist trappings.
Taxis are available at front door and there are several bus services passing on the main road so no problem getting around.
The WiFi here used to be fantastic (some of the highest speeds I have ever witnessed) but now appears to be having problems - at times I could barely maintain a connection and, for the most part, had to leave the hotel to make normal use of internet.
I hope that this is a temporary problem as I depend on WiFi to keep me connected to work.
I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kildress
HotelTorrequebrada, Director General at Estival Torrequebrada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Kildress;
Thanks for choosing us and for the time spent in writing this review. Our guest's satisfaction is our main target, and we are glad that we achieved it by making your holiday so enjoyable.
We will forward your comments to our staff.
We are all looking forward to meeting you again in THB Torrequebrada.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights in August. Only 20mins from the airport so it was very convenient. The room was very clean and spacious (it was cleaned everyday) and we had a lovely balcony with a fantastic view as the hotel is right on the beach. We only had breakfast included in our package which was more than enough as we weren't interested in having all our meals in the hotel. The breakfast provided a great selection of hot and cold options. The pool area was lovely and quiet with pool entertainment provided every day. Only drawback was that it was a long walk to the marina where all the restaurants etc so we had to get taxis. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Avahi995
HotelTorrequebrada, Director General at Estival Torrequebrada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear Avahi995,

Thank you very much for taking the time and the trouble to share your opinion with other users of this website.
We are really glad to know your experience with us was positive and you found our team helpful and welcoming.
Also we would like to thank you for letting us know your experience in the breakfast room.
We are looking forward to see you again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2016

room was clean, two sliding doors to my balcony which were very hard to open in the end just did not bother.nothing near or around hotel, have to get a taxi anywhere, no choice of beer only one, the rest all spirits oh and was served my beer in a plastic glass.we were half board food was always cold, no tea served with your dinner which my mother loves, we where told to go buy tea in the cafe bar when we finished our meal. you got a cup of tea for breakfast, all meals were self service, the only table service you got was if you bought a bottle of wine from them.hotel spread to far we had to go in lift down to a area not in use than through lobby of casino down past reception into another lift to get down to go for meals. only met 2 rude staff one was the hotel manager who worked at reception and the other was a man down in the meal area. would not go back

Room Tip: as we were told it will cost more for a better room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank angelhigh
HotelTorrequebrada, Director General at Estival Torrequebrada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Dear angelhigh,
I deeply regret you were not satisfied with our service and our hotel facilites. Around our hotel there are some supermarket and differents bar.
Our board are always serv service, however, in our bar Saphir you could eat a la carte the chef's suggestions. This service is served at the table.
Our hotel is divided in two towers, this is the reason because you had to pass our reception to go to the restaurant.
We regret your dissatisfaction and, hopefully, we could recover your trust in us.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Had my amazing surprise hen weekend at this hotel!

We got a free upgrade to a sea view suite on the 11th floor - wow !! What an incredible suite , it was huge with a lovely big living area and large balcony over looking the pool area and the sea! Best hotel room ive ever been in!! Cannot thank you enough for this as it really made my hen weekend so special!

Pool area - lovely location and pools were nice. Not a very big area for the size of the hotel, we had to get up early to get sun Loungers on the Sunday as the hotel had a lot of arrivals! Imagine In peak season a lot of people are left disappointed when they are unable to get a spot around the pool.

Beach - right near
the beach however it's a very small beach and very rocky. Personally this was fine for me as I only wanted to walk along it, but if you wanted to base yourself at a beach all day you would have to walk further away from the hotel.

Food - great selection! Breakfast was fantastic! And the pool bar snacks were great - pizza, burger, chips etc
Plenty of choice for all the family !

Animation team - great !! Lots of energy loved the daily dance! Had lots of activities going on!!

Lifts - dangerous! I got hit by the doors twice - very painful! No sensor that seemed to work and on both occasions the doors opened and closed almost immediately! Also the lift on 2 occasions decided to change the direction it was going and go down to the bottom instead
Of the 11th floor! Scary as if the door closed on a child could do some damage!!

Location - a quieter area away from the hustle and bustle - we were happy with this! Taxis always available outside the hotel and just a short taxi ride to the marina and the main town! ( around 10 euros)

Staff - unfortunately our experience with most of the staff was not a good one. The holiday started with the reception staff who were friendly and helpful but after this staff were rude - including being shouted at by a lady behind the bar for asking for a drink at 1155 when the all inclusive ended at 1200. Again we were shouted at for asking if we could
Move 2 tables together so we could all
Have dinner together.
Also disappointed that we were unable to have lunch within our all inclusive on our final day - especially as we didn't arrive till late on our arrival day so didn't even get dinner! There were also pastries sat on the bar with no sign to say a price so I went to take one - again I wasn't shouted at that I couldn't have one, I would of been willing to pay if not included in the the all inclusive but the lady did not give me this option - disgusting the way she spoke to me!!
Someone else who was on holiday with us went to make a complaint to the reception about the way we had been treated only to find that a lady called carmen I believe - was not at all interested and didn't even apologise!!
An amazing hotel being let down by some very poor staff!! Customer service needs to be looked at!!

I had an amazing hen weekend and would love to come back! However Some of the issues with staff would make me
Question if I should come back!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank lauraLou28
HotelTorrequebrada, Director General at Estival Torrequebrada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear lauraLou28;
First of all , we want to thank you for sharing your experience with all Tripadvisor users. I deeply regret you were not satisfied with our staff which is normalvalued positively. We review the sensors of the elevators.
Besides, we would like to explain that all inclusive ends when you make your check out. This is the reason because it is not included the lunch of this day.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

They claim they are on the front promenade, which they are except the benalmadena life is a 20 minute walk away from hotel itself, which is more towards fenguirola
The hotel is massive and a long walk through the casino and change of lift to get to the restaurant, we had breakfast everyday, plenty to choose from, hot drinks are served Luke warm.
Rooms are quite clean but move your bed and see the dust. Towels changed daily but floors and toilet not cleaned during our weeks stay.
One very deep pool the other just right, but the towel man leaves his hut all the time to speak to other staff, so getting a clean towel daily was a struggle, good. Budget hotel overall you get what you pay for.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank vanessa1232015

Dear vanessa1232015;

We take this opportunity to thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor about your visit in our hotel. These assessment help us to improve.
We hope to see you soon at our establishment and exceed your expectations.

Yours sincerely,