1,735 results
All reviews taxi driver clean rooms paco guys shells facilities euros spain
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Having scanned through a few of the negative reviews here.. a lot of Brits are complaining about the lack of English spoken by the staff.. well guess what guys.. you are in Spain!! What do you expect?!
I actually loved trying out the few Spanish phrases I know.. it's all part of the experience.

The hotel itself is very well kept.. everything was spotless. The one and only gripe I had with this hotel is the fact that one of the lifts was broken for the whole 7 days we were there. Having only 2 lifts in the hotel and being on the 3rd floor was slightly annoying. But not enough to cast a shadow on this amazing place.

The staff were very helpful and we met the most amazing taxi driver- Paco. We met both him and his wife and will definitely keep in touch. These people go above and beyond the job description of the average taxi driver!

The bars are open from 10am-1am which is perfect.
The food selection for an all inclusive was amazing. Great selection of foods And tapas served by a small bar by the entrance to the beach.

There is a kids pool that is terrific- we felt comfortable letting our 5 year old play in there on her own and make new friends without feeling the need to be in the pool with her- So on a close by sunbed we managed to have some much needed relaxing time.

The evening entertainment could be better. It was ok, just not great.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed this holiday!

Top tip- make sure you take the ferry to the second beach (only a couple of euros) the sea and sand are much clearer and you and your little ones will find the most amazing shells.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank soniab382
P-Stor, CM at Playacartaya Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Guests,
It is a pleasure for us to know that your stay in our hotel was as pleasant as you indicated. Your comment makes us feel proud of the work done on a daily basis, with the only aim of satisfying the needs of our guests. We are your disposal at anytime and we are looking forward to welcoming you. Kind regards,

PlayaCartaya Spa Hotel

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My wife, 3yr old son and I spent a week here, and it was a mixed experience.
The hotel and its facilities are very good. Clean rooms, excellent swimming pool area with lots of water slides for all ages, and the drinks at the bar areas were very good e.g. You could get large beers and bottles of water. In addition to this the hotel overlooks a relatively nice sandy beach (no sun beds or parasols available for hire when we visited).
There were however a number of negatives.

Firstly there is nothing much around the hotels for several Kilometres. Usually your find at least a few bars, restaurants and mini market shops around, but there was nothing really. We had to use an excellent Taxi man called Carlos, who was able to take us to places further away.

The food was poor. The section for an all inclusive was limited, and simple things like butter and ketchup were only available about 50% of the time.
I also found that you had to que for a long time to have things like eggs cooked for you. At most all inclusives these would have been cooked on mass and available in late trays. But here this was not the case.

When I visited the hotel it almost completely catered for Spanish and French tourists. Staff on the hotel front desk had very limited English and did not seem bothered to make much effort to help when I had queries, and almost brushed me off on many occasions. I usually enjoy going to places where there are less Brits, but this hotel made us feel unwelcome.
All the kids clubs and activities were in French or Spanish so my son felt uncomfortable taking part.

In summary this is hotel has great facilities, but nothing except golf courses near by, and food and service did not live up to 4 star rating.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Harris_12345
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

To begin with... we booked 10 days holiday at this hotel as our 10 years wedding anniversary. Today our second day here.
I wrote 2 email in advance to say that we are coming with kids and will Appreciate quit room with baby bed, also mentioning that we have 10 years wedding celebrating. I never got any respond to my email.
Yesterday we arrived late, indeed, receptionist was kind but seems to be with not clear understanding of english. I mentioned that i sent 2 emails.. she look at me like she do not know what i am talking about. So i also asked... by any chance, could you check up if we can get complimentary upgrade as we have 2 small kids with different day routine and different sleepless rhythm, and it is our anniversary, would be nice to feel a little special. The girl smile and said.. o yes ofcourse, we have some room for you, it is a nice room... will cost you 700-900€ more. I said thank you, but no. Was obviously that she did not understand what complimentary mean. But ofcourse, it is they right, it was pitty but i was understanding. I was just thinking, becouse hotel not overbooked, a little bit of personal touch for a special occasion, would be more welcoming for a guests to start vacation.

We got our room, it was o.k. Indeed more quit located, luckily. But there were dusts everywhere. Like i said,at 22:00 with 2 kids of age 1 and 3, i just wanted to put them to bed and that we all have a good rest night. My husband was very hard breathing all night and could not sleep. Then in the night the light did not work. So we needed to go to wc and shower with telephone.

In the morning, i asked kindly receptionist if they got water cooker for me, for using it to clean the baby bottle and to warm up water. She said, we only have it in the superiors room, you can use microwave in the lobby ( 2 floors down) anytime. Very convenient.

It is our second day and for the first time we went for a longer vacation of 10 days becouse of our celebration. Unfortunately, it feels indeed that this hotel much more friendly to Spanish people or it is just our bad luck. It also seems to be that the priority is not the minimum comfort of the guest. We are not the persons who easily complain or hard to satisfy. We travel a lot and used to everything. But this time with kids, it made us sad. Still 8 days to go.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Olasid
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Just got back from Playavartaya yesterday. We were a group of 6 adults and 5 kids. We had amazing time.Antonio , Marco , Imna and all reception staff were amazing...Marco a real gentleman! Aida in the Pool Bar also amazing, her receipe of 'house sangria' was the best.
Majority of the bar staff do speak english so dont understand why some people are complaining about lack of english. Thank you Ruben , Maria C and Paco M for your great service.
Irene and Gabriel from the restaurant also very good.
We will definetely get back in the future!

We got the best taxi driver for the Seville Airport to EL Rumpido transfer(14 seats on 2 mini vans) very cheap agains shuttle direct/sun transfer
Paco 0034667445733-highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank neaosu
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Its a huge hotel, has swimming pool and Jacuzzi.
The rooms are quite nice as well with outdoor seating area with chair and tables with the view of the pool or the garden.

The best were the bathrooms, really big ones, with separate bath and shower panel.
I was really impressed with what we got for the price we paid.

They have an under ground pool as well which is paid one,but worth it, since it has waterfalls etc.
Have wide range of spa facilities.

The Food was average, and very expensive hence we went out for food.
From the hotel , beach is quite close by too. hardly a 10 minute walk.

Would surely recommend this one.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
P-Stor, cm at Playacartaya Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Dear guest,

We thank you for your kind words. We are very happy that your stay was as pleasant as you indicated. We would be pleased to welcome you soon at our hotel.

Regards,