“Good food ”

Cafe Del Rio True Tex-Mex
Ranked #14 of 265 Restaurants in Mesquite
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The food was really good and large portions. The chips and 2 sauces were great! No one in our party of 14 was disappointed.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I've dined at this place several times and I've never been disappointed. Always large servings and fresh. Hot plates and great tea compliments an already excellent entree. You can't miss the complimentary chips that come with an array of salsas. My favorite is the habanero ranch. Friendly attentive waitstaff are always happy and time your meal very well. Come hungry because you're going to get fed here. One of my can't miss places to eat.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

No one greeted us nor served us with a smile...it was like watching robots in motion.
Restrooms were dirty. We will not be back.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

While the staff was friendly and helpful, the food was horrible and the margarita was the worst I have ever had in my life. This food is on the level of Taco Bell. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We tried this cute kitschy restaurant for the first time on a Sunday. It was busy and we had high hopes. The tortilla chips were good and the sauces that accompanied them were great. We really liked the habernero ranch sauce and I think it would be paired well with a taco salad.

Unfortunately the good meal stopped there. I ordered the tres amigos. Portion sizes are large. The cheese sauce was so bad it tasted like cheap concession food, overly processed and canned. It made the meal difficult to eat. Also, the price for the kids meal consisting of a small portion of nacho chips with the same cheese sauce and a dab of bean dip but no actual beans was quite unreasonable.

The restrooms were average but needed to be cleaned. One of our family members mentioned that the cleaning schedule showed it wasn't cleaned since the day before.

This was a hit and miss place. The On the Border is just closer to the entrance and you know what you'll get there. In the mood for Mexican food? Just keep driving away from this place.