“On the fence on this one”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #22 of 265 Restaurants in Mesquite
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Lately we have had bad experiences with this chain so when this location was picked to meet at for dinner we were skeptical.

We arrived on a Thursday night about 7:00 and were seated immediately. While the parking lot was pretty full, the inside of the restaurant was not. It was clean and cheery but the noise level was very loud for the amount of people inside.

Our waiter was friendly but turned out to be not very attentive once our orders were taken. Our meal seemed to take a long time to come out and he did not come by to refill water or tea. He seemed very preoccupied with other areas of the restaurant but there were plenty of wait staff for the other diners.

Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. I had the Border Smart Chicken Fajitas. They were okay, the chicken was on the dry side and the small of amount of guacamole they give you is ridiculous, about a tablespoon. Very disappointing! I also don't like this new family style of serving the rice and beans.

So, like my review title, I'm on the fence with this one.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

True to all "On The Border" cafes, this one serves great fajitas, has good service in a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Food was hot, fresh and a great value for the money. The best part of the whole experience was our waitress Shelby. It was her first day out of training and she was by far one of the best waitresses I've been served by in a long time. She was attentive, anticipated our needs and such a sweet girl. Will definitely ask to sit in her area next time we come.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Just have done a Make Over,really Cute place. Colorful and Clean. Good Service and Friendly People. Reasonable and Good Prices. I had a Combo of 4. So much Food,plenty to bring home. I Will Be Returning. Was Pleased with Everything.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The food was good, but selections have changed and the prices have gone up. Since the interior redesign, the noise levels have gone up by a factor of 3. No longer can you have private conversations in the bar. It's Saturday night and it looks like closeout time at 8:30pm. I have to remember to bring Tylenol now, because you will have a headache before you can eat and get out of here. Sad, because I have been going here since 1993.