All reviewsski instructorchef de villageski roomski schoolski resortgreat holidayevening entertainmentspecial thanksbuffet stylecrazy signsski servicerooms are smallall inclusive packageprivate lessonthe hotel is cleanoff pistegreat snow
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I am super late with this review. However, I feel it very important to say that Avoriaz and this Club Med is very special. The village of Avoriaz is quaint. It is not crowded. You can only walk everywhere and it is very charming. The Club Med is stylish, clean and again, not too large. We always felt special and we never had to wait for anything. The skiing in Avoriaz is awesome. We are coming back this year.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelly W
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Avoriaz, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are glad to read that you had a fantastic holiday with us. It is nice to see that you loved the Village and the Resort.

See you this year,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2017

This was undoubtably our most enjoyable family ski holiday and we will definetly be back, the food was excellent, the service of a high standard, an abundance of choices in the bar and plenty of snacks included. The kids club team were amazing, my daughter actually cried when we left as she loved them all so much. Yes the hotel is dated but that is the alps, the location is perfect and the village has plenty to do if you aren't skiing one day.

Room Tip: We booked early so secured two adjoining mountain facing rooms, the view was amazing
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Reece M
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Avoriaz, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Hi Reece,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med Avoriaz.

Thank you for your kind comments!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

We came for the ski and got plenty of it, the ski resort is big and even with a few slopes closed down - there was plenty of good snow still to enjoy.
The technical services of the ski equipment was excellent.
The food at the buffets was plenty and excellent. The bar a bit too hot in the afternoon but good supply and atmosphere.
Rooms are small but the shower fantastic. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
The internet is very slow and so we had to wait till after returning home to load our great moments on facebook.
We would have liked the evening activities for adults to start earlier as by the time they did we were in bed to prepare for the next day of ski. But would have loved to dance a few nights.
Overall, our first club med experience was really good.

Room Tip: The view to the village and slopes was amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 624belindad
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Avoriaz, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Hi 624belindad,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med Avoriaz.

Thank you for your kind comments!

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

A tired looking hotel with many faults.
The food was uninspiring but plentiful.
The rooms were small except ours as we paid extra for the suite but very dated decor and they did not top up the coffee machine pods or provide milk and the mini bar was never filled for us.
The staff were lovely and mostly friendly in the hotel but the esf ski school staff were generally rude and unhelpful and kept leaving our teenage daughter behind and made her change groups 5 times!
I went with my group for the first day and our instructor kept us skiing for 3 1/2 hours without a stop and not much tuition which meant my shins seized up and I couldn't ski for the next 2 days! They should have more regular breaks scheduled on the first day! Not take us over to Switzerland with no hope of making my way back on my own if I wanted to stop!
But when I changed my boots and got back on my skis on the Thursday I had a great rest of the week skiiing with my friends and going at our own pace.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Avoriaz, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hello JKFarnham,

I would like to thank you for your constructive criticism with regards to certain aspects of our offer at Avoriaz resort. Your comments will help us establish what improvements can be made to avoid that matters such as the ones you experienced occur in future.

Above all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments in writing to us. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to another resort in the not too distant future.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Just returned from a lovely week at Avoriaz, Lovely weather, great snow, great food, comfortable and clean room. Then is all went wrong. Asked at reception about the leaving instruction because all those I asked had received an envelope with the departure instructions. Told to wait a day, still no envelope so went to reception and was given labels and a pen, well 2 because the first wouldn't work. Up at 0230 to leave at 3, arrived central bus station and waited for Taxi. 0330 called reception to be told, get a cab and send us the bill. Poor guy on reception had no contact for transport company and recommended we speak with someone at bus station. Very nice man tried all the numbers he could but to no avail. Called reception again asked for Manager, eventually received call from manager who was still in bed but did me a favour and called. 0400 Sunday Morning in Avoriaz is not one of the busiest times and people and help were thin on the ground. Raised concerns about missing flight. Taxi arrived, but driver told us that it would take 2 hours to Airport. Guy drove like a racing driver, speeding and overtaking only slowing down for speed cameras and speed humps. Felt very sorry for other family who's flight was before ours, one of the children vomited in the taxi, my wife is a nurse and I don't mind the smell of vomit but I felt the embarrassment. Arrived just in time, so were glad we had all made the flights, but not happy that Clubmed had put mine and another 6, including 23 children's we arrived alive, but we could have been a news headline. Relied on Clubmed to take care of my health Safety and Welfare in their actions, sad to say that I was put at risk for no apparent reason save the additional cost and inconvenience of a flight.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple