“Always good!!”
Review of Amarras

Amarras
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Amarras is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 287 Restaurants in Alcobendas
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Amarras never disappoints! This is probably the 5th or 6th time that I have visited this restaurant while I'm in Madrid.

The service and the food is amazing. They know that I visit from Miami and when I can I come here to get my fill of this perfectly prepared Galician delights. The appetizers, the main course the deserts are perfect! Rosa the head chef is the most delightful person.

Manuel, Cristina, Rosa and Maria run the show. The are professional and always make you feel at home.

If you have a chance to visit this part of Madrid and want to enjoy a wonderful dinner, come here and tell them I sent you!! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and it's always a very pleasurable experience the food is great and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It's a Galician restaurant and having been to Galicia I can say the food holds up well to the local cuisine there. Well worth a visit if in Alcobendas but be sure to book first especially for the weekend lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

We visited this restaurant for a family reunion and I was highly impressed with many aspects. It is located on the top of a small hill surrounded by a nice park and offers large facilities with several dining rooms, at least 2 of them with wood stoves which I am sure will be delightful in cold days. The decoration is really nice and rustic and the dining rooms are big enough, so they could host several different big groups without any issues. We had a fixed menu which comprised multiple entries (some to share), two main courses to choose (fish and meat) and desserts to share, along with drinks, coffee and liquors.

Given the big occupancy on such a day I would have expected some delays in the service or mistakes in the kitchen, but that was not the case at all. 3 different waiters were constantly checking on our 11 people group, so we never had to wait for our food to get served, or glasses to be refilled or our plates to be cleared.

Food is Galician (northern Spain) so probably not suitable for light eaters and/or vegetarians. Portions are more than generous, especially those to share and quality of the products is remarkable. Some dishes included grilled shrimps, Galician octopus, scrambled eggs with cod and onions, chickpea soup, tenderloin with confit potatoes or roasted turbot fish. Only the grilled shrimp were slightly raw. As dessert we enjoyed an amazing warm apple-pie/strudel and the traditional “Galician filloas” (similar to stuffed think crêpes/pan cakes).

There was nothing we didn’t enjoyed.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

3 of us had a business lunch and we selected from a daily menu, choice of starter & main, Service was prompt (in fairness it was quiet) and pleasant. The main was a seafood paella which was exquisite. House wine was acceptable. Also included was a delicious sorbet...all for €22. Most excellent.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I cant even remember what we ate, but it was one of those menus for four people, we had to wait almost an hour for the main dish, and we always had to wait to much for everything else, I think I don't remember the meals because I have been in restaurants with better food and better price and quality. The inside was extremely noisy, something normal in most restaurants in Spain, you couldn't even hear your own voice or your own thoughts. The service was not close to nice , they seemed to be more worried about other people they "know" maybe frequent costumers.
Anyway we are not going back, and I suggest you not to fall for the beautiful terraces, views and location (the restaurant is in the middle of a spectacular park and it has beautiful a seen.