“Nice Lunch, Quaint Village, Pub and Restaurant ”

Harry's at the Harbor
Ranked #34 of 336 Restaurants in McKinney
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Once upon a time... In a land called Fort Worth at a place specializing in Information Technology (IT); Harry and Jan met and eventually were married in 1987. They were blessed with two beautiful daughters named Mandy and Kristin. Their IT jobs eventually led them to a new, exciting land of Stonebridge Ranch in McKinney in 1998. Mandy graduated from McKinney North (2007) and Kristin graduated from McKinney Boyd (2010). As the years went by, it came to pass that Harry achieved 34 years in IT Management and Customer Service; he desired and dreamed about owning his own business and leave the corporate world far behind while Jan continued in this realm of work. Harry and Jan have shared a love of competing in and being spectators in athletic sports since their childhood; and with their German and Czech heritage also enjoy food and spirits. They take great pleasure in being patrons at good local restaurants sharing a meal with family and friends while catching a game or sporting event on TV to relax. Thus, the dream of owning a business developed into an idea to create an establishment that they would find irresistible: great food, spirits, family friendly, clean-appealing atmosphere, excellent service, ability to catch a game on TV with locality to Stonebridge Ranch and easy access for the McKinney community overall. So they contacted some friends of theirs, (who together have over 50 years in the restaurant business) to discuss teaming together to create a restaurant that would provide all of this at reasonable prices. Next question was exactly where could they bring all this to reality? We definitely wanted to do this adventure in McKinney. We were working on a few locations when construction started back up in a new section in Adriatica and a sign for retail space went up we called...And the rest as they say is history. This new part of Adriatica is called The Riva Harbor. Led by exquisite design and impeccable standards, George C. Fuller oversaw the construction of "Harry's At The Harbor". Our mission at Harry's is to "Provide every guest an exceptional experience by providing great food at reasonable prices with the best service in McKinney, in a friendly, clean, unique facility in Adriatica." Our team's goal is for you to "relax and enjoy your time At The Harbor". If we did not meet your expectations please let us know and if we did please tell your friends. We welcome you to "Harry's At The Harbor"; we thank you for the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again real soon!
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

The entire area has a Mediterranean style, and the motif carries into the restaurant. The entrées were good and the service was impeccable. I had the Fish and Chips and the piece of fish was about 9 inches long, half-inch thick and 4 inches wide. My friends had the Fish tacos, chicken salad croissant, and smoked salmon Flatbread. Everyone cleaned their plates.

1  Thank TxWaccamaw
Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

TxWaccamaw,Thank you for the kind words and excellent rating. We are happy to know you and your friends had a positive experience. We appreciate you telling others too. We look forward to serving you again.Harry

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Well, lets start with the things I should have done here. Sat out side and enjoyed the evening breeze and not the view of the bay and not had to hear a noise clattering of dishes and sounds of loud voices a very dull atmosphere of a blah restaurant.
Should have not ordered the veggie Flat Bread that was swimming in olive oil that was a little Old. I had seen a whole table full of these Flat Breads and I guess my expectations where to high. My stomach we as very unhappy with me for eating it. My companions had a chicken sandwich that she left half of and my other friend had the fish and she enjoyed it.
Servie was good ...... just didn't leave with a lets hurry back here. Too, many other great places to eat in Mckinney !!!

2  Thank txabby
Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

txabby,Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry our food did not meet your expectations. Many folks love our flatbreads. Maybe yours had a little too much olive oil but I promised it is not old. We hope you will try us again and have a better experience. If you do please ask for me and we will try extra hard. Sincerely, Harry – Harry’s At The Harbor

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I've probably been dragged here close to a dozen times by the in-laws, who are in love with this place. I think they do it just to torture me, because they know that, no matter what I order, Harry's is going to be out of it for some reason or another. It's almost uncanny.

That said, while I may rarely ever get my first choice of meal, my backup plan always seems to be yummy. All of their burgers are great, the flatbreads usually are as well, and their specialty dishes change every now and then. Their newest one is Guinness pie (yes, the beer), which is a tasty take on shepherd's pie that I've had at a few other places.

They usually have a few desserts on rotation too - currently offering a chocolate mousse cake that I definitely recommend.

Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Aaron, Sorry we have sold out of some things when you have been in the last few times. We don't sell out very often but it sure seems you timming is against us. Next time you are in and see a tall guy that's me, Harry, and I will buy you a drink to make up for your misfortunes. And after all you are with the inlaws. We do appreciate the nice words that your second choices are still really good food. We sure hope on your next visit you get your first choice. Thanks again, Harry's At The Harbor

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My son, a friend and I ate there last night. I had their "Jumbo Wings," a really good value for 10 large wings for only $9.50. They only have three choices in how you get wings, so I went with the traditional "Buffalo" sauce. I wasn't pleasantly surprised by the fact that Harry's wings are baked and their "homemade" Buffalo sauce was really good---a medium spice that is as good as I've had anywhere.

What I was especially impressed with was the variety of hearty meals available from the menu. This place is not just a pub with bar food favorites. It really has quite a few full-plate items to chose from, all in the $15-$18 range, many of them sea-food related.

My son had the "Chicken Pasta Carbonara," a respectable serving for $14.50 that he described as a "2.5" on a scale of 5, mainly because he's been to Italy. I didn't try any, but it looked really good to me. And my friend had the fish and chips: a really big piece of fish draped over his fries. It too looked really good.

My friend said he's been many times, says the food is good (which is why he recommended we go there after golf), but says the service is a little lacking. I noticed that also, but when I was friendly with the waitress, she was very friendly and willing to keep an eye on us---very prompt with everything.

Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

627chuckm, Thank your for your feedback. Glad you and your friends enjoyed your meals. We appreciate you describing our large menu and the fact that we are not just pub food. And we really appreciate your descriptions of your selections that you had that evening. We will always continue to work on service as it can always be improved. Sorry, Harry was on vacation or your probably would have met him. Thanks again. Respectfully, Harry's At The Harbor

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Tried Harry's for the first time for Sunday Brunch. I had the rusty nuts and eggs. My wife had a salmon omelette. Both were very good. The service was prompt. Their prices are fair. I want to go back again.

Harry D, Owner at Harry's at the Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

JL, Thank you for the nice description of your brunch experience at Harry's. We appreciate the kind words and nice rating and for telling others. We hope to see you again soon for any meal. Sincerely, Harry's At The Harbor