“The best pizza and salads!”
Review of Durkins Pizza II

Durkins Pizza II
Ranked #67 of 321 Restaurants in McKinney
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Hubby wanted pizza and so I had planned on only having a slice but read they offered salads as well and decided to order their arugula salad with strawberry and boy was it amazing! It's a huge salad but still managed to finish it all by myself :)

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Stopped by on my way home from work to grab a couple of pizzas for dinner. The restaurant is small but looks comfortable. You place your order at the counter the employee was pleasant. Placed my order and was told it would be a few minutes. I sat and waited probably about 12 minutes or so. The employee brought the pizza over to me and waited till I stood up to hand them to me, thought that was a nice gesture. The pizzas were still hot when I got home. All the kids and adults really enjoyed them! The slices were large and their was a lot of cheese. The pizza crust was buttery and garlic tasting very good! We had left overs and the next day a few teenage boys had a few slices they said it was the best pizza they had and wanted to know where it was from. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank lesliew687
Reviewed 21 August 2015

We were in the mood for pizza for lunch on a Sunday and had not been to Durkins in quite some time…

Om: The place was not very busy for lunch on a Sunday – we ordered a meat pizza that was supposed to have bacon on it…but they were out of bacon? We replaced that with Canadian bacon instead. Our pizza was ready in under 10 minutes, and I saw it sitting by the counter, but the employee was busy talking with his friends at the table next to ours. He noticed it sitting out in short time and went to retrieve it, so good job by him…kinda. For some reason I remember the pizza being better a year ago, but don’t get me wrong it was still delicious because I almost ate the entire thing! The crust was awesome, nice and thick and doughy, my favorite part of the round delight. Wish the toppings were more evenly spread, but there were still a good amount. I tried the cinnamon ugly bread for dessert and I LOVED it! Thank goodness that Nom wasn’t hungry by that point, so I had the entire thing to myself and ate all of THAT too! It was like a bunch of cinnamon icing on pizza dough, shaped like a pizza. Highly recommend this treat, love how it was slathered in icing. Not the best pizza I’ve had but this was still above average and feel like we received good value at about $15. The service could have been better, pay attention to your customers and not your friends!

Nom: I was pleasantly surprised we found them not very busy on Sunday afternoon! The cashier was really helpful answering questions and giving opinion on the pizza’s we were going back and forth over. We ordered a meat pizza but they were out of bacon so the cashier let us replace the bacon with any meat on the menu. Sweet deal!! The shop was clean and clear of any dirty tables. Our pizza was ready pretty quickly but the cashier who was also delivering pizza to tables was busy talking to friends so our pizza went unnoticed for a few minutes. When he did notice he rushed right over and delivered it to our table. It was delicious! I did notice al the toppings seemed to have caved into the middle of the pizza leaving not much near the crust. Oh let’s talk crust…This crust is divine. I could make a meal of it with some garlic butter! We also ordered the cinnamon bread which came out so quickly! Basically it’s a small pizza crust with a vanilla and cinnamon icing. This thing smells like a delectable candle from bath and body works…or maybe their candles smell like the cinnamon bread from Durkins…whichever you get it! Above all the whole meal for two people came out to around $15! We will be back!!

Reviewed 11 May 2015

Located right off of 121 and Custer, really good location. Pizza is good and really reasonably priced. Would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Durkins is a small family-run pizza place. Excellent pizza. Great family service. Their salads are really good too