“Bar food, think of live music, not food”
Review of Hank's Texas Grill

Hank's Texas Grill
Ranked #163 of 326 Restaurants in McKinney
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I've eaten bar snack foods a few times while enjoying some live music, never expected much, nothing spectacular on the menu. Went here for a date and we ate in the restaurant portion first, paid attention more to the menu this time and still not much to offer this meatless eater. My date got tacos, which he enjoyed very much. Prefer Hanks for the live music. Highly recommend it for that only.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The food was good, the service was excellent, but the band was going to be about an hour and a half late starting. No warning, or we wouldn't have paid the $15 cover to stay and wait. After arguing a while, we finally convinced management to refund our money. The customer service is deplorable. We won't be back.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Was visiting the area and was looking for a good steak but without the fancy ..14 Oz ribeye 2 sides for 23$ not too bad ..mashed potatoes were awesome ..the steak wasn't bad but I have had alot better for the price ..would go back for drinks and the live music if I was ever in the area again

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place that had BBQ plus served alcohol beverages. I googled and Hanks was the first place to come up. They were pretty good. The atmosphere was great and they have live bands which was very entertaining. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Perfect venue to catch some great Texas Country Music. Food is pretty basic...we enjoyed the Texas Popcorn (fried jalepenos) and two burgers. I was a bit disappointed at first that the egg on my Bacon and Egg Cheeseburger was cooked through instead of runny, but then I found the hashbrowns underneath! Absolutely delicious! Next time I will ask for a fried egg with a runny yoke. The hamburger meat was well seasoned and my boyfriend enjoyed his BBQ burger. I suggest the fries over the underwhelming onion rings. Also, beware of getting splashed with soap suds if you are sitting at the bar by the glass washing station. We didn't realize it at first, but then as they began getting busy we caught suds not one, but twice while finishing our meal. The concert area is pretty small, so I suggest arriving early to get a good spot if you like to get up close. Alot of those around us were buying the buckets of beers and then standing around them to hold their spots. Overall a pretty decent experience!