“Tasty and very filling!”
Review of Scotty P's

Scotty P's
Ranked #49 of 336 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 February 2017

I went here at random looking for local fare. What I found was a great sandwich, with a lot more food than I would have thought. After staring at the sizable list of burgers, chicken items and sandwiches, I decided on the buffalo tender chicken sandwich (grilled is also offered)with blue cheese chunks. I also ordered a "half & half", which was any two of their side items, you just get half a portion of each. Sides were fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, onion strings and fried pickles. At least, that's all the sides I could remember. That said, the onion rings and fried pickles were great in my half and half. And the sandwich fully loaded with veggies and...one..giant...chicken breast! Oh, the blue cheese chunks weren't some crumbles, they were CHUNKS of blue cheese. I enjoyed the combination of the flavors of the cheese and the buffalo chicken. In all the food was much more than I was prepared to eat, and worth every bite. If I'm in the area again hankering for some food, I'll definitely keep this place in mind. There's a lot more flavors to explore on that menu!

As a side note, on the menu sign, there's only two sizes posted for the sides; basically a large and regular. If you ask, they do offer a junior size which still was a lot of food, but at less cost.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

The choices are many and great. The place is always clean and the staff efficient. Good location and close to Trader Joes.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

There are a myriad of eating places in our area to get burgers and sandwiches. It is hard to differentiate one from another. We like Scotty P's because it is family friendly, food is reasonably priced, service is quick ( but not fast food), and is consistently good.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Okay if you are visiting the area and want a great burger this is one of the top 3 in the area. I love burgers and this place is great. Green chili burger, and bbq bacon brisket burgers are great. Sweet potato fries are really good and their shakes are also very thick and tasty. If you are not a burger fan then their buffalo chicken sandwich is another great option. A little different than your average buffalo sauce. Not to spicy but there is some kick. My advice is go eat here, you won't regret it.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I had no expectations because I had never heard of Scotty P's. I have no complaints at all. We had a green chili burger (delicious!), mushroom burger, Greek salad and a plain burger. Everything tasted great, a perfect "greasy burger" spot. I like that you order at the front so not much waiting. Lots of nice older pictures on the wall. Friendly customers dining. It was a good experience for this family.

Date of visit: July 2016