“In love with the spinach salad!”
Review of Palio's Pizza Cafe

Palio's Pizza Cafe
Ranked #102 of 329 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We came here with family that lives very close to the restaurant. We ordered the spinach salad, nutty Hawaiian pizza, Grace's pizza, chicken parmigiana, and cheese pizza. The spinach salad was fantastic and I loved the nutty Hawaiian pizza. I would never get Grace's style pizza again, as I wasn't crazy about it. The chicken parmigiana was said to be delicious as well. I am craving the spinach salad with cranberries, red onions, pineapple, cashews, and raspberry walnut vinaigrette as I am writing this now!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The staff was great and helpful. I do not like thin pizzas that are cold after the first slice. There was plenty customers, so it appears that others like this thin style pizza.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We celebrated my sister-in-law’s birthday at the Palio’s in Mckinney!

Om: Palio’s specializes in pizza, so that’s what Nom and I got – a “club” pizza, which was kind of like a club sandwich, only in pizza form.
• Service – Palio’s doesn’t really have table service, as the process involves ordering at the front counter, then delivering the food afterwards. You need to get your own plates, silverware, etc. Not a bad model to keep staff to a minimum, so don’t expect to have a waiter/waitress to help. Not a good or bad thing, just know that going in. The employees that did help us were friendly and were willing to offer suggestions.
• Ambiance – Quite nice on a cold day! Nice patio area and the interior was decorated a bit for the holidays. Open dining area with tables and booths provides plenty of room even for a larger party.
• Food – Kind if a mixed bag here. The garlic cheese bread was very tasty and I thoroughly enjoyed that. The club pizza that was recommended by one of the staff fell short of expectations. Toppings seemed a bit sparse, but what I noticed – and another reviewer pointed out – is that the pizza became “soggy” in a hurry. Isn’t thin crust supposed to stay at least a little crispy when it first comes out? No chance here, that pizza was foldable immediately. If we were to go back I would definitely order a different type of pizza and hope for different results. The club pizza, while it tasted “ok”, was not for me.
• Value – Pretty much on par for most pizza places in the area, but not sure if that’s a good thing since the quality seemed to fall short compared to similar restaurants.
Overall, while the inside was inviting and clean, the main dish fell short of expectations and soggy pizza is not my thing. With all the competition in the area for pizza and Italian food, I would hesitate to come back and would recommend somewhere different if someone were to suggest Palio’s again. Always a good thing that I get to share these experiences with my wonderful Nom though!

Nom: This place was very clean and inviting and there was plenty of staff to make sure we were able to order when we were ready and to craft the pizza’s and pasta for the kids! It’s really a pretty place and the location is great. Here’s what I didn’t enjoy so much, the pizza. We decided to try something different than we normally would and actually I wouldn’t order it again. We tried the club pizza and overall it was a disappointment. I wasn’t a fan of the way it tasted on a pizza it’s better suited to a sandwich, but the crust was even more of a disappointment. The crust was super soggy so that didn’t do the pizza any favors. I had two squares and that was all I was willing to eat of this pizza. Will’s pizza didn’t look much better actually and his was just a plain ole cheese pizza. Jon’s pasta did look very tasty and he ate every bite so maybe they were just having an off day or maybe this location’s pasta is better than the pizza. I love new experiences with my handsome love, so maybe next time it’s a pasta trip!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Ordered a Large "Classic Pizza" and all 3 of us enjoyed it. Saw several folks picking up orders to go in addition to customers enjoying Pizza, salads, etc. in the restaurant. Have had better pizza but this was good/very enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I though it was nice that the owner responded to my review and decided to give it a second chance. I ate at there this time and ordered the same things... same result. Awful!! two exclamation points. Didn't finish the meal, left without saying a word. Sorry. If you enjoy the food keep going back. If you have never been there and are looking for a good place to eat in McKinney, go someplace else.