“ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE”

Spring Creek Barbeque
Ranked #81 of 338 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Spring Creek was not our 1st choice but we found it on TripAdvisor when we didn't want to wait in the long line outside our first choice. We were very pleased with the decor, roominess, service and food. Located in a nice shopping center, there is adequate parking. I had beef brisket which was very tasty and tender, although not juicy. Delicious home-made dinner rolls are served generously; servers come to your table frequently with fresh rolls. The sides are OK--not great, not terrible--brown beans, baked beans, Italian green beans, macaroni & cheese, potato salad, coleslaw, watery corn-on-the-cob which are serve-yourself, all-you-can-fit-on-your-plate in one trip. The sides do not taste home-made. There were 16 in our group; we lingered, visiting after we ate and never felt pressured to leave. All-in-all, a very enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their food. You choose your meat and then get your choose of sides or a loaded bake potato. The prices were reasonable and in line with similar types of BBQ places.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We recently celebrated a close friend's birthday here at Spring Creek BBQ. The party suite was perfect for the occasion. The fare was so-so. My wife's grilled chicken caesar was enormous and delicious and my brisket sandwich was tasty but neither was truly Texas grand. There is really far better genuine Texas grill to be found around here - Rudy's and Hard 8 top the list. While the others are cafeteria style, they don't seem quite so much as this. Spring Creek really does make you feel like you are waiting in the endless food line back in your old college dorm. The service is slow and indifferent, the beers are meager and few, and wines are simply not. The best thing you will savor here are the mouth watering fresh baked rolls, if they are available and then thoroughly baked.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

The most tender turkey, anywhere. Friendly staff. Relatively low noise level, for a restaurant with wood chairs. Good selection of vegetables, kept at correct temperatures.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

My husband, son and I were passing thru McKinney and stopped here to eat. Everyone who worked there was extremely polite. My husband and son had ribs; they were pleased. I had a pulled pork sandwich. While it was different than the average pulled pork sandwich, it was still really good. I got fried okra as a side- and I spoke too soon while I was waiting for it. I told my son that fried okra cannot typically be messed up. The okra I received was very salty. The overall ambience and staff, tho, made the experience a very pleasant one.