Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Intimate and Vintage Venue

First visit to the venue tonight to see a concert. Great to see a historic building preserved in... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2018
Trent T
Allen, Texas
via mobile
Courthouse.

Went to a concert recently and enjoyed my time. Still hard to believe this building was a... read more

Reviewed 11 February 2018
KGB-4572
McKinney, Texas

All reviews historic building performing arts center christmas carol collin county town square courthouses courtroom performance concert organ play era texas nom restaurants popcorn
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This was a great venue - we saw Sgt Peppers Bluegrass Band. Former courthouse. Great seats - looks like there aren't any bad seats and it's a smaller venue, which I like. The only problem is that the seats are incredibly uncomfortable - I think I will totally embarrass my husband and bring my "donut" next time.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Young adults generally performed in the three plays I attended over the past year. I like going there for the prices are fairly reasonable. They were well practices and I liked the family atmosphere of the place. The last play I attended they gave the audience popcorn to throw at the villain. I felt sorry for the guy for the children particularly liked dowsing the poor guy with gobs of popcorn every chance they could get. However, what I noticed is he did not miss a beat in his performance. I was more distracted than he was by their shenanigans.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This is a great venue for just about any entertainment, only problem is uncomfortable seating. Stage good.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Located in the McKinney town square, it used to be the court house. It now serves as the meeting point for plays, concerts and social events.
While the seating is limited, and is still the old chairs from days gone by, it is a great and intimate place for small musical and concert venues.
Make sure and get your tickets early as events sell out often.

Jakia D, Public Relations Manager at McKinney Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

We're so glad you enjoy the unique venue that is McKinney Performing Arts Center. And thank you for sharing your positive experience, Ron.

MPAC Team

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Have only gone there once. Seating was very uncomfortable. You could "rent" a cushion - they obviously know it is uncomfortable. Should have installed better seating rather than keeping the "vintage" courthouse seats. Acoustics was horrible. Why would you have a preforming arts center with such bad acoustics? Makes you wonder. Will NEVER consider returning there, not matter who is playing!

Jakia D, Public Relations Manager at McKinney Performing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Hello Julie,

We are sorry to hear that your recent visit to MPAC was not a comfortable and pleasurable experience. I'm happy to report that in November of 2016, MPAC's renown Courtroom Theater received 188 brand new, plush cushions for our original courtroom seats. This, of course, is an addition to our other 247 affixed cushioned seating.
Besides our updated seating, did you know that the Courtroom Theater is one of North Texas' best listening rooms? Well it's true and we would like to invite you to visit our beloved venue for another experience. This past winter we welcomed Grammy Award-winning artist Aaron Neville and in summer of 2017 we're excited to host Larry Gatlin and Jack Ingram. So again, we welcome an opportunity to re-write your experience and hopefully leave a pleasant memory.