All reviews enjoyed the hot tub staff was friendly tamales front desk great place to stay would stay again hot breakfast scrambled eggs room was clean evacuation wifi motel properties harvey hurricane mall
Reviewed 6 September 2016

My family & I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on a trip to visit the Shrine "Virgin de San Juan". We had an upper floor 2 room suite. Check in was kind of delayed as the room was not ready yet which was ok because they let us wait in the lobby and also offered us free food from the little store they have available in the lobby (very nice of them)! After checking in we went up to the room which was very, very spacious and clean! It had a fridge & microwave as well, which was nice. The bathroom was big and had plenty of towels. We did use the pool which was not very big but, it served its purpose. My family forgot their Box Fan (which they cannot sleep without) and the hotel staff was kind enough to let us borrow one of theirs (THANK YOU!!) My sister was the only one who went down to breakfast and said it was pretty good with eggs, cereals, waffles, fruit etc. available. All in all we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
OGIHtls, General Manager at Comfort Suites McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to give every guest the best experience possible. I would like to apologize for not having your room ready. We'll do better next time.

GM

Reviewed 2 June 2016

My family and I come to the Rio Grande Valley every few months to visit relatives from the area. (Including across the border in Mexico). We always stay in the States just for safety. Traveling in Mexico is not a great idea now days. Especially at night.
We mainly stay with the Choice Hotel chain and this time was no different. They've got a decent rewards program and the rooms are always clean.
I have to say that the staff here was very, very pleasant. Come to find out there was a Pee Wee League Football World Championship in town and the hotel was packed with.....Pee Wee league kids.It was amazing to see how the staff went out of their way to make sure all the guest were taken care of. Every interaction with them was professional, courteous, and very accommodating. Especially the cleaning staff. In a hotel with 55 rooms, having 47 checkouts in one day had to be a bear. They were a little late getting to our spot, but I think that is to be expected. Great job guys. You are all professionals.

Date of stay: May 2016
OGIHtls, Manager at Comfort Suites McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

It brings great pleasure and appreciation to our team here at Comfort Suites Mcallen when we know our guests arrive and depart satisfied with their stay; nothing makes our day brighter. Thank you so very much for taking the time to give us a few words, it truly means the world to us. I'll make sure to let the staff know how much you enjoyed the service and to keep up the great work. In the event you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we'll be here for you! Thanks again so much and we wish you and your family a most prosperous future.

We hope to see you sooner than later!

GM

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I stayed at the Comfort Suites McAllen for a night at the end of March and enjoyed it. The hotel is your standard Comfort Suites, very nice and big rooms. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. The hotel is within walking distance of nearby restaurants, which is a plus. I will be back to Comfort Suites, when I travel to McAllen in the future.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
OGIHtls, General Manager at Comfort Suites McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

It really brings happiness and warmth to our hearts to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay here at Comfort Suites McAllen. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let us know you had an enjoyable stay.

Do not hesitate to call us to (956)213-0333 if you ever have any other questions or comments, we always have our guests comfort in mind first and are always looking to improve. Thank you again for your time and consideration, and we hope to see you sooner than later!

Reviewed 22 March 2016

arrived after driving a long stressful day.... needed some extra "help" and received it from the friendly folks at this plush motel. i was just passing through on a very long trip and needed some great rest and got it!!!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks so much for your kind words, they really make our day even brighter! It was such a splendid pleasure having you. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback :). We wish you a most prosperous future and we hope to see you sooner than later!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2016

We travel for business to McAllen once a month and we were presently surprise with this hotel. It has a great location and they provided airport transportation for us to and from the hotel. The rooms were clean and looked like new, the internet connection was excellent and the staff were friendly. I highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
OGIHtls, General Manager at Comfort Suites McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Alexjoe,
Please allow me, on the behalf of my staff, to thank you for the kind words you have expressed for our property. We have worked hard during our remodel, and it is a pleasure knowing that our hard work has paid off. Please do not hesitate to visit us next time you are in the area! We look forward to welcoming you back!