“Hidden Gem”

Miguels Mexican Food
Ranked #28 of 82 Restaurants in Marshall
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We ended up going here because another Mexican place was packed and we were in Marshal for the Christmas lights. Miguel’s was awesome! We talked to Miguel and I got to try some authentic Mexican food I’ve never had before. There tacos are great. The green sauce pork dish was the most popular dish they said and it was really good. I would definitely recommend this place!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 5 January 2017

My family eats here at least once to twice a month! I could live on their shredded beef tacos! Great food at great prices!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2016

My wife and I were passing through and stopped to eat at Miguel's. We had the carne guisada and the cheese chile relleno. Both were among the best we have ever had. The carne guisada was tender, lean beef and the chile relleno was huge and prepared to perfection. Miguel came to the table to make sure we enjoyed everything. The only minor complaint was that the refried beans were a little bland. Also, the salsa is more of a sauce. We like chunky salsa but that's a matter of preference. If we find ourselves in Marshall again we will certainly return to Miguel's for a delicious meal!

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank SEMc01
Reviewed 9 February 2016

We left Flint on our way to Marshall to ride horses and stumbled on Miguel's...we were hungry and took a chance...WOW...soooo glad we did...the food is outstanding and reasonably priced for a hungry family of 4...Miguel came over to our table and talked to us...he told us he makes all the food each day...the staff is friendly...the atmosphere is fun...a definite trip back when we are in this part of Texas again!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 31 December 2015

This restaurant is truly Mexican. It reminds me of the family restaurants in mid-Mexico. Good flavor. The cabrito is quite good! Definitely NOT texmex.

Date of visit: October 2015