All reviews room was clean ac worked well first floor enjoyed our stay pool and hot tub definitely stay here again night stay motel pillows texas housekeeper clerk
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This room was very clean and the AC worked GREAT! Hot tub and pool area were very nice with towels outside so you dont use up your room towels. Breakfast was very good. We were originally on the 2nd floor. The stairs are on opposite ends so if you have a lot to carry try to request downstairs. We had a large cooler to carry and would have never gotten it up the stairs and over to our room. They let us move after we checked in. So helpful and polite! Great location near the lake and lots of great food nearby. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Night shift service desk - 4.5 stars
room cleanliness - 1.5 stars
morning shift service desk - 2.5 stars

We arrived a little after 10 pm. The lobby and eating areas have recently been remodeled and looked attractive. The men's room was clean and nicely done. All looked well at this time.

We checked in and as is usual at hotels they asked to see my ID. The clerk also mentioned the safe fee and that we could have it removed in the morning, if we didn't use the safe. After a few moments, we realized he was entering my DL number into the system. I've not had this happen before. I rarely stay at a Quality Inn, but do stay in hotels a dozen or more nights a year and I've never had one take down my DL number before. Check to make sure the name matches my credit card, yes; put my DL number in their system, no. I'm very wary of giving out personal info like DL and SS numbers and had I known, I would likely have left and gone elsewhere, even with as few options as there were. The deed was done, so we went to our room.

First, the door to the room was not closed securely. Another room a couple of doors down was the same way. When I mentioned it to the desk clerk, he said the other room was in use, but the curtains were part way open and it didn't appear to be in use to me. We always check for bed bugs in any hotel, before unloading. It was bed bug free. There were however, several long black hairs in the bed. I went to see the desk clerk and he immediately grabbed some clean sheets and came and changed them. The carpet was in need of a good vacuuming and/or cleaning.

We unloaded and got ready for bed. The vanity area was nice looking, but was in dire need of a good cleaning. There was a several inches long, line of soap scum behind the faucet where the splash guard and counter meet. The little stand the lotion, soap, etc. sits on had lotion, conditioner, etc. underneath the corresponding bottles. While there was a bag to put in the ice bucket to make it sanitary, the ice bucket had lots of dust and little bits of whatever it was, in it. As we were preparing the bed for sleep, my wife found a number of blood stains on the comforter. I like the room pretty cool, so she typically uses the comforter to stay warm when we travel.

We wanted a place to sleep for a few hours. We were planning to leave between 6:30 and 7 am, which we did. When dressing for the day, I went to get a full size towel. There I found another long black hair mixed in with the towels.

At check out, I mentioned the bloodstains so they could get the comforter cleaned. The clerk didn't seem interested enough to make a note. I mentioned removing the safe fee and she said she would take care of it. She handed me my receipt and I headed for the door. I was looking at it and realized she apparently wasn't interested in removing the safe fee, either, as it was still on my bill. It was only a $1.62, but... I didn't bother to go back as we were trying to get on the road. We planned to eat breakfast at a restaurant, so I can't speak to the quality of the breakfast provided at the hotel.

Anyway, I could have stayed where they keep a light on for ya, for about 20 bucks less with similar ratings. I just expected more than I got for that additional $20. I would have stayed at one of the higher priced and rated places, but I forgot to make my reservation a little earlier and they were all booked up. I would have left this review on the Choice Hotels site, but apparently I have to register on their site to do so and I have few to no plans to stay at one anytime soon.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank TXLeeVee
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wasn't told during booking that there was major construction going on at the hotel office. Very noisy, could barely hear to get checked in. Room was clean, but bed was cheap and hard. Went for breakfast the next morning and found out the breakfast room was also being remodeled. Breakfast was being served in one of the guest rooms. Only 3 tables, food was barely warm, and wafle maker could not be used because it tripped the breaker. Was not offered any compensation for the troubles. Will not return to this location.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James F
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Room was clean and beds comfy. Front desk and breakfast lady were extremely nice. Breakfast was okay but eggs didn't look appetizing so didn't eat. Had pancakes and link sausage (not our favorite-patties are much better). Pastries Ok.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Had everything we needed. Everything in room worked, hot tub in the pool area worked, pool was clean. Supposedly they also had a free hot breakfast, though we could not try that for ourselves since we had to leave early in the morning both days.Another good thing is their web site tells you exactly how many people can fit into each room, and you can reserve a rollaway bed if needed (for a $10 charge). They also let us check out late and did not charge us. Only negative is that they do not have an elevator, so we made sure to pick a room on the first floor.

Room Tip: no elevator
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family