“Great place to get away from it all!!!”

The Armadillo Farm Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luckenbach
The Armadillo Farm Campground
Rosharon, Texas
“Great place to get away from it all!!!”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I booked a Camp Cabin for the Oktoberfest weekend in Fredricksburg. Upon arriving, we were greeted very warmly by Gay who answered all of our questions and then showed us where we would be staying. The campground was very clean and the Morgan building we stayed in was perfect as far as what we needed. It had a full-size bed and a bunk bed along with a table, A/C, electricity, a nice little deck, a grill and a nice fire ring right outside the cabin. The restrooms were just a small walk downhill. They even have a horseshoe pit (which I completely forgot to take advantage of)!!!! We had brought our own firewood for the fire but Gay had told us they had plenty more if we ran out. The midnight noise curfew was fantastic allowing us to hang outside and play music around the fire (Gay actually came around to check it out and listened for a bit before heading off).

I will be back for sure and will tell all of my friends that enjoy camping and being outdoors to check this place out if they are going to be in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rosharon
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Not sure why this place got a bad review... maybe they were the ones out of meds. Anyways we met the owner and quickly found that there was nothing to be worried about. She was welcoming even though we got there after dark, and promptly handed us our keys to our Morgan building. Since I didn't book the trip, I didn't expect to stay in a metal building, but I do have to say they were extremely well kept, comfortable, and have electricity for your phone/whatever. Midnight quiet hours were perfect for getting in some drinks and music playing before calling it a night. Peaceful surroundings, excellent starry sky, beautiful trees and hills. What is there not to like?

Also, just to throw in, campfire wood was provided although we brought our own, as was a grill. I have a feeling if we need just about anything else, the manager would have been happy to provide it. A++

1 Thank ratamacue172
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2010

This was my first trip to Luckenbach, my friends, boyfriend, father, and I rode out there on motorcycles. As soon as we got there we had our keys handed to us, and our rooms were ready. The morgan building my boyfriend and I stayed in was so perfect and affordable and really such a great idea. We had a porch and 4 chairs, a full size bed and bunk beds. The bathrooms were in a convenient location in the middle of the camp ground. Will and I were so relieved, no worries about our everyday life, in a stress free environment. I never wanted to leave and go back "home". I never sleep well the first time I spend the nigt somewhere new, I slept like a baby that night I was there. If I could live there I would. I had such a great time I can not wait until next year when our group continues on the now annual trip back to Luckenbach!!!!

1 Thank ashleyf09
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2010

This is one of the best places to stay in the area. Affordable, comfortable, and beautifully nestled in the oak trees of Luckenbach. It is bike friendly for all of you that are interested in making the trip to ride the windy roads of the hill country. We have stayed here several times and will return again and again. The owner takes pride in what she has and will help you ensure your stay is enjoyable.

I am reading reviews and not in agreement with the negative review on this page, but to each his own opinion. Take my advise and stay a while if you want to just get away and be someone in Luckenbach. I recommend Westy's Place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
DFW, TX
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The only way, I believe, this place can stay in business is being 0.4 mi. from Luckenback, TX and riding their coat tails. The place is old and kind of ratty. The manager must live with a chip on her shoulder. She distrusts EVERYONE and it shows in everything she does.
I made a reservation for Saturday 9/25/10 for a campsite. I was going to meet a couple of friends driving down with a camper from Ft. Worth. There was a 25% chance they were not going to make it that night, so I brought a tent as well. When I pulled up, I was on the phone trying to reach my friends and leaving a message. It started with the manager marching out to my truck after I had pulled in about 2-3 minutes earlier and asking what I was doing there and if I can be helped. She immediately instructed me that I need to check in before going to a campsite, AS IF THAT WASN"T OBVIOUS. Everything about her tone was the same. She was never outright offensive, but I never felt welcome even after I paid. BTW, her idea of a receipt is flipping her business card over and writing "Paid Campsite $10.00". This lady needs some instruction on capitalism. I chose never to give my hard earned $ to her business again.

There is a real clean KOA campground 4-5 miles North of Luckenbach. Save yourself the headache and call them!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank txsailor01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luckenbach
14.5 km away
13.2 km away
Barons CreekSide
Barons CreekSide
#1 of 27 in Fredericksburg

Been to The Armadillo Farm Campground? Share your experiences!