See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Just to let you know i read all the reviews and the good ones must have been made my friends of the owner! Because this is truly one of the worse motels i have stayed at! Cigerette burns in the cover, the top cover had a huge hole in it, as did the faust in the bathroom. The maid did her best but could tell she was embarrassed. There where hand prints on the mirror from the previous occupants!...do not stay here! I used a half a can of lysol spray before i touched anything. Wouldnt have stayed here but they said they had already charged my card.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving the place looked a little ran down. It definitley could use a lot of updating but surpringly enough it was one of the cleanest hotels I've seen. Even the more expensive ones weren't this clean. I was a little worried being on an inside room about the noise level at the pool but we never heard a thing. I did love how it smelled like coconuts. The bar was right across the walkway and we spent the first night there and everyone was friendly and inviting. The bed was comfortable but 2 small pillows for a king size bed was hardly enough. We would definitely stay here again. The price was very reasonable and the man at the desk friendly. Just wish they had free breakfast. I would have given a higher rating if the hotel itself was in better shape.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We had been traveling in a rain storm and had get off the road. It was Friday night in the summer and the hotels were filling up fast. From the pic's on the internet this hotel looked decent. (I just didn't look close enough.) Upon check-in I requested a non-smoking room. Was given assurance the room we were assigned was. Upon inspection, the room reeked with smoke. The fire alarm had been disconnected. I went right back to the front desk and was given the key to another room. It reeked of mothballs. We were too tired to argue. Took the smoky one and after sprinkling a large bottle of baby power throughout the room we could breath. I've never stayed in a room with 1 trash can an no toilet paper. There is no breakfast with this room and I really don't think I'd want to eat there anyway. There were bread crumbs and cereal remnants throughout the stairs and the 2nd floor. I don't think they have a vacuum or the maid is super lazy as this place hasn't been vacuumed in weeks. The sheets were clean and the bath room was decent so we stayed. It was cheap so I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Take a sleeping pill as there is no quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Room was over priced & I will never stay there ever again, floors where very nasty, beds where old as hell you roll towards middle also bedding had burn holes all in it, water in tub ran all night, walls where dirty also when you took a shower all you could smell was raw sewage coming from drain. Will never stay there again diffently needs renovating. I wouldn't let my dog stay there. You really don't even deserve 1 star if you ask me.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank williamsshobud
DRockholt, Guest Relations Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

I do apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. We have done some renovations, hired a new housekeeping staff and made many other changes.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Hotel needs a lots of help. Rooms needs a lot of repairs The carpet was stained and dirty. I didn't dare try the microwave. Beds were old and definitely need to be replaced. By the front door there were leaves that blew in from under the door. I truly would pass on this hotel in the future.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Nathan M
DRockholt, Guest Relations Manager at Koko Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Thank you for your review of the KoKo Inn in Lubbock. We do apologize that your stay was not up to your standards. We do our best to keep the lobby cleaned but as you can imagine with the West Texas winds and all of our beautiful trees surrounding the building, it becomes difficult. We value your opinion and are striving to improve using comments from our valued guests.