“Worst. Service. Ever.”

Double Nickel Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Double Nickel Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 637 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 50th
Reviewed 4 October 2006

I stopped in one night after a Texas Tech football game (I'm an alum now living in Florida). Supposedly this restaurant patterns itself after Del Frisco's (we have one of those in Orlando so I specifically chose this restaurant when planning my trip). I realize I was arriving late (they stop serving at 10pm) since I had called ahead to confirm. When I walked in at 9:40pm there was no one at the maitre d' station, but I waited in that area for a while to signal my intention to eat dinner. Finally I migrated over to the bar when no one approached me; again no acknowlegment from the staff (mostly young guys who were preoccupied with the Notre Dame - Michigan State game on the bar TV). After a good ten minutes (quite a long time for a service establishment) I left and went to Abuelo's, a Mexican restaurant with fantastic margarita's and tortilla soup, among other things.

Maybe they are doing well enough that they don't need to make exceptions (or even acknowlege their guests) on especially busy weekends. However, if you don't want to bother with latecomers, then say so (or lock the doors or something).

2  Thank basaintl

Reviewed 24 April 2006

Finally, a high quality, upscale steak house in Lubbock. Great service, excellent food, great wine list ... I have yet to have anything but a nice experience at the Double Nickel.

2  Thank Q8694WXmarkg