“Wonderful food and atmosphere, but expensive.”

Double Nickel Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Double Nickel Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 676 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 50th
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great restaurant if your looking for incredible atmosphere and delicious food. Very nice place for a romantic dinner. However, the prices are very high.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at many a fine dining restaurant throughout the US and around the world, but I've never needed, nor wanted, a waiter to cut up my steak. The steak was expensive and all sides are extra. One and done.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank Linn77
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We had a group of four for dinner. They’re known for their martinis, so I tried their Signature Martini, which was fabulous. I had a filet, while the others had New York strip and ribeye. The wedge salad was excellent. I chose the snow peas and creamed corn for my two sides. All wonderful.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Hands down I think this is the best steakhouse in Lubbock their booze are a little overpriced but if I had to recommend a drink it would be the mexteni (like a margarita but better booze)
The only downfall is you're not allowed to wear a dress hat. Although my dad would have removed his hat for dinner because we have manners....he was actually asked to remove his hat when we walked in the door. I was shocked as this is west texas! But i guess thats just the way of the world now...

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank mccoydavis
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Husband had the 16 oz ribeye and I don't think I've had better. He did give me a little taste and it was excellent. I had the Double Nickel salmon and it too was great. Excellent wine list and an adequate selection of beer. Good desserts. Service was fantastic. The restaurant can look crowded, but there is plenty of seating. I think I prefer Double Nickel Over Las Brisas.

Date of visit: March 2018