All reviews front desk room was clean nice hotel fantastic stay definitely stay here again check in was easy other hotels breakfast buffet top floor staff was friendly parking lot texas tech hie interstate property curtains television
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I stay at HIEs during some business trips so I am familiar with the brand. We normally stay closer to the stadium when visiting Lubbock but everything was booked this weekend so we ended up here. This is a newer property that was clean, well kept, with comfortable rooms and good prices. The staff was pleasant and helpful and were able to accommodate a last minute change. While this hotel may not be our first choice for future stays (only due to proximity to our daughter's cottage) it is now on our list of preferred places to stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Overall a decent option, but there are better choices nearby in my opinion. A problem when I stayed there was the number of parking spaces. There were several pickups with large trailers parked sideways, and each one took up 5-6 spaces. For the number of rooms in the hotel, space quickly ran out, and there were no other options nearby. Room was clean, and staff were friendly, but the parking situation caused me to look elsewhere for the rest of my stay.

Room tip: Find your parking spot early, and don't give it up until you check out.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Hi jgreen16,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate the high rating you gave in terms of staff service and sleep quality. However, I'm sorry to read your dismay about the parking situation of the hotel. We aim to be able to support you in your journey to success and your comments value to us. We have shared these with the management and because of this, we will continue to improve through the comments you have provided.

We value you as our guest and sincerely hope to get another chance to give you a better experience on your next visit.

Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We were initially given a ground floor room that was right near a pool, workout room and the front door. There was dirt on the floor and did not look to be vacuumed very well. We are gold elite members and are always given a high floor room away from elevators. My husband asked for a different room and we were moved to the third floor. Upon entering the bathroom, we see the shower curtain is twisted up onto the shower rod. There is no soap, no bath mat and three filthy towels. One had long black hairs attached to it and the other two had dark black marks on them. Obviously these were never washed. Once I saw that, I knew the entire room had to be dirty based on the bathroom. It was. We were beyond grossed out, slept only four hours (and had a 10 hour drive ahead of us), never turning the bed down, and obviously could not shower. We could not wait to get out of this hotel. We told the girl at the desk about all the problems and she wrote something down for the manager (Austin) to check out the room, but never offered a refund and I have yet to hear from the manager offering a resolution to this. I may need to contact corporate. It seems Holiday Inn is going downhill lately. The area around the hotel also seemed very dangerous with seedy looking people just hanging around outside. Avoid this place at all costs!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny31991
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Hello Jenny31991,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with Holiday Inn Express. It sounds like we weren't able to deliver our usual high standards of accommodation, especially with the bathroom's condition. I'm sorry this affected your visit. We take all reviews very seriously, and I would like to look into this for you. I sent you a direct message to acquire additional information.

Your feedback will be used by Corporate in evaluating the property and our hotel management will also be alerted. We aim to fulfill your lodging needs on an acceptable level and I look forward to alleviating your experience. Again, thank you for choosing IHG and for being a loyal Gold Elite member!

Best,

Anna B

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

When I called this property about a week prior to our trip, I spoke with Austin. Based on those two conversations, I was really looking forward to our visit. He was helpful, creative and had really good communication skills and follow through.
On the day we arrived, 10/21/17, we got our car, got our dinner at The Shack, and then headed to Holiday Inn South. It was a little hard to access the property, and so I called to find out what the trick was to get in....no answer, called again , no answer.... called several more times over a ten minute period, no answer. Finally figured out that I had to go way past it and double back. Ok fine people get busy. I pull in and there are maybe five other vehicles, at about 6pm. Went inside the a really beautiful modern lobby...no desk clerk. Stood at the counter...no desk clerk, no bell to ring. Ok....is someone hurt? Unable to come out or answer the phone? Then a young lady comes out from somewhere and says can I help you? I say hi how are you? She says do you have a reservation? I say well yes, but I've been trying to reach someone here for some time without success....is everything ok? Are you in a break? Her reply: "I'm by myself and I don't take breaks". Wow. I gave her my papers and she processed my stay using as few words as she could. Fine. I gave her many chances to chip up and at least smile.
Next morning I mention the exchange with yet another very young staff member at the desk. He assured me he would pass it along....so I waited for him to ask my room number for follow up.....but no. So there's where I made my decision to write this review. When we came back to the hotel this afternoon, that same young man and the same young lady were having a great time behind the counter....in fact great enough to not even acknowledge our slow stroll through the lobby.
This property is clean, modern and fresh. It's by the freeway so it's loud at night on the east end, but I am ok with that. Breakfast area was spotless and the attendant was very nice.
There was a very long brown hair in the tub, and what hair I do have is very short! I figured the housekeeper would see it today, but unfortunately it's still there....
Access to the hotel is a bit rough but I figured it out without their help.
Sorry holiday inn express Lubbock south, won't be staying here again based on reception staffing. Way too many options in Lubbock.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hello herb e,

Thank you for your recent stay and for writing us a review. I am pleased you have regarded our staff to be nice and breakfast area to be clean. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. However, I am disappointed to see that the issues with the room cleanliness fell below your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you the improvements made.

Dianne L

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I was in town for the Raider Red Meats BBQ & Steak Championship at Texas Tech.
When I checked in I was met by a very friendly and inviting front desk worker.
The room was very nice, well stocked, everything worked perfectly, and all appeared to be clean.
My only issue was the curtain didn't close and bright lights from the parking lot shining into the room.
Next time I'm in town, I will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017