“Turned out really good”

Ranked #7 of 636 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I was dragging the day I'm going to eat at abuelo's because most I heard was not good... but base from
My own experience when I attend my former boss's birthday party, I had the best chili relleno I've ever had... just the right amount and the right kick of spice

AbuelosManagers, General Manager at Abuelo's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

We're so glad that you came by! Thanks for the wonderful review about your dining experience. The Chile Relleno is a great choice! We hope to see you back soon! Thanks, Brad Spicer, GM

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The staff and service is always good. We often eat at the bar to avoid long waits. The food is good no matter what you crave but you gotta try everything! You will not regret trying something different.

We appreciate the great review. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! See you soon! -Brad Spicer, GM

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Abuelos is my go to mexican restraunt here. The ribeye and enchiladas are my absolute favorite. Their papas here are really good too!!!

This is what we love to hear! Thanks for the excellent review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Best, Brad Spicer, GM

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The food and service here are exceptional! I would recommend this place to everyone I know that is looking for a great place to eat.

AbuelosManagers, General Manager at Abuelo's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you so much! We appreciate the kind review, and hope to welcome you soon. Thanks, Brad Spicer, GM

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This a little higher end Mexican food. Love there frozen Margarita Swirl drink, chips and salsa !! Great relaxed yet warm and classy atmosphere. We have been here quite a few times and always had a great dining experience! They have awesome staff who will take good care of you.

The Sangria Swirl is a great choice! Thanks for the wonderful review. We can't wait to see you back soon! Thanks, Brad Spicer, GM

Been to Abuelo's? Share your experiences!