“Great Service - Ok food”

Montelongo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 676 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 August 2018

The service was wonderful for our party of 6. The chips are a bit thick. The portions are on the larger size. They do offer rice milk which was a fun change. If you haven't had it give it a try it taste similar to rice pudding. The nachos and quesadillas were ok nothing super special. Overall it is a good place to try. You can't beat the friendliness.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I don’t live here, but our kids go to TTU, so we come for football and soccer games. We came for our first time and wish we knew 3 years ago! I had barbacoa tacos my husband had cheese enchiladas, they were soooo good, fresh and the service for a totally packed house was excellent. These owners know how to cook and run a very efficient restaurant. I always say if there is a full parking lot it’s the bomb! We will be back! Your salsa is also to die for!!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We were looking for authentic Mexican food this afternoon and TA search brought us here. We really enjoyed our meal. You walk in, order and pay and are directed to a seat to wait. Soon chips and salsa from Hell are brought out. This salsa was a bit too hot so were brought a milder version. My beef enchiladas rice and beans were very good. Hubby had a tamale-taco-chalupa combo. Very crisp tortilla and chalupa shell. It is a BYOB policy, but with Topo Chico and “Mexican sugar cane Coke, our thirst was quenched. A must return for us.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Wife and I had dinner on a Saturday afternoon, which we are glad we went early because they were closing early for a family function. Wife had the #5 and I had the #1. I enjoyed and ate all of my Enchilada dinner, but my wife wasn’t a huge fan of her choice. Authentic chips, two types of salsa (hot and mild) and the soda had a very refreshing crispness to it. Overall I totally enjoy this restaurant, the only reason for 4 stars is the bathroom was very small and not very clean and my wife not being a big fan of her choice. We will go back again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My partner and I had Montelongo's for dinner on a Friday night while on a visit to Tech. We were searching for authentic Mexican food and we found it here!

We let the kind waitstaff choose our dinner, knowing that they'd know what they do best, but I feel like anything we would have chosen would have been great.

The pricing was extremely reasonable and the inside was very clean.

One thing to keep in mind--BYOB!

Can't wait to go back to Monetlongo's!

Date of visit: March 2018