“Actually J&M Express”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 806-796-1164
Description: 806-796-1164
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here instead of going to the 34th street location. This is a small restaurant with 5 indoor tables, but lots of drive through traffic. Hubby had their rib plate with beans and potato salad. He said their ribs had great flavor..meaty and cooked just right. I had the bean and beef sandwich—layers of bbq beef and beans topped with cheese in a bowl. I never eat bread so this was a good order. Beans were just ok and room temp when order came out which meant the beef was cool also. Not a bad stop but we will look elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We order online for delivery and the food was amazing! It took over a hour to get to us, but that wasn't too bad. We both got the 3 meat dinner and we're very please. We were glad to see that they delivered because we didn't want to leave the hotel after along day of driving.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We had lunch at J&M because the other recommended place was closed. I don't see how it could have been any better than this! The atmosphere was laid back and casual. No need to dress up here. The special was a large sandwich (brisket, pork, or chicken) with a side and a drink for $6.99. If you chose water, you could have two sides. Now how can you beat that?!? The brisket was tender and moist and the sauce came in mild or spicy. The mac and cheese was perfectly done, not over-cooked like in some places. Fried okra was also done just right. We'll go back for more every time we are in Lubbock!

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We ordered bbq for take out tonight
The reviews seemed good. And the food was ok. The problem --- A worker came into the restaurant after a break. He did not wash his hands and put on rubber gloves that way. He handed me slice of bread with dirty hands. When I was nearly finished eating, I opened my soda cup to finish the ice and there were 2 long black hairs stuck to the cup. Food seemed good but it was the delivery was pretty disgusting

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

I asked for local place with good BBQ and this was recommended. I had three meat platter of brisket, turkey and jalapeño sausage. Sausage was very tender, not spicy and little flavor. Turkey was moist but again not much flavor. Brisket, didn't have a red outer ring and broke into small pieces. I had the hot sauce, that was pretty good. Very reasonable cost but I wasn't impressed overall. Place was clean and nice staff.

Been to J&M Barbecue? Share your experiences!