“Always good”

Texas Steak Express
Ranked #387 of 676 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: At Texas Steak Express, our menu includes a wide variety of delicious choices from rib-eye steaks, steak tips, chicken breast fillets, cheeseburgers, sandwiches, salads, salmon to shrimp cooked to your specifications. All of our entrees come with a crisp salad, piping hot baked potato with all the trimmings, and a baked roll. You can even satisfy your sweet tooth with one of our delicious desserts. We also have a Kid's Meals menu that caters to the younger members of your family. We are dedicated to providing products and services that exceed your expectations. Give us a call today, and we'll deliver a delicious meal right to your door. Or if you are nearby, pick up your order today in less than 20 minutes.
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Has the best cheese burger, but I have also had the ribeye and steak tips. All excellent. The staff is always friendly and helpful if you have questions about the menu. This is not an eat in place. It is pick up and delivery.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I was lazy and ordered food to go. It was ready when they said it would be. I figured this was great.
I got home. We poured the salad out onto small plates. They weren't bad after my wife picked out the brown soggy leaves.
My wife ordered the shrimp and potato lunch special ($7.99 before 5 p.m.). She got 5 medium shrimp. Really? 5 shrimp? Good thing my wife is a light eater. But the potato was a Texas sized mammoth. Baked so soft, she loved it.
I ordered the steak. I figured since it was called steak express they should do steak right. Wrong. I ordered it well done. I got something just short of shoe leather (okay, maybe just jerky). Good news, it was well done. Really well done. The flavor wasn't bad (for jerky), but I like something a little less chewy and more cuts with a fork, melts in your mouth. Oh, well. Jerky comes with ordering meat well done I guess.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Ordered steak tips, loaded potato, grilled chicken salad, and a dozen of their rolls with the honey spread. The food taste fantastic! Customer service over the phone is fantastic! Delivery brought in respected time.

Date of visit: November 2016
Robert C, Director of Operations at Texas Steak Express, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

John

We appreciate your time to let other people know about your experience with our company. I'm glad that you had a great meal and everything went well. You did chose a very popular item with our steak tips, they are a staple item for us. We work hard on providing you a fresh hot meal. That's why all of our meals are prepared when you place your order, to be the freshest you can eat. Thanks again for your time and please call again when we can serve you.

Thanks for your business
Robert C.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

I buy my shop employees lunch each and every Saturday. We have a steady rotation of places we either pick up or have food delivered from. This is one on our list. The food is ALWAYS very good. We order cheeseburgers, hamburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches and Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. Have never had any problem with the food. The problem you must watch for is getting delivered exactly what you ordered from the girl that answers the phone. Sometimes what I order gets lost in the translation from the order taker to the end person that brings our food. They have great burgers. They do not do french fries, tater tots or anything besides potato chips. Price for burger, chips and a drink and having it delivered is very reasonable.

Date of visit: July 2016
Robert C, Director of Operations at Texas Steak Express, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Thank you for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate the time you take to let us know how we are doing. Looks like you have tried many of our menu items. We also have lunch specials from 10:30-5 everyday. Includes entree choice, salad, potato and roll. Always free tea with an entree or sandwich purchase on Pick Up orders.
I'm very pleased to know that our staff is taking care of your needs. If you ever need any special request or have any questions please feel free to contact the store manager and they will be happy to assist.

Sincerely
Robert Cano
Steak Express

Reviewed 6 July 2016

The Steak Express version of a Philly is pretty good. Plenty of shaved steak and lots of peppers and onions. They put just the right amount of salt/pepper on it while cooking. I've been in a couple times and they are always really friendly. There is a bit of a wait since everything is cooked to order, but it is good quality so it is worth the wait.

Date of visit: June 2016
Robert C, Director of Operations at Texas Steak Express, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Barry

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our Philly. That is one of our signature items and a favorite among locals. Very generous portion of Shaved sirloin and veggies. Next time try our Ribeye Sandwich, it is also very good.

Have a great day.

Robert Cano
Steak Express

Been to Texas Steak Express? Share your experiences!