“Great Comfort Food!”

Ranked #2 of 629 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Cast Iron Grill is a busy restaurant nestled in downtown Lubbock. Our menu is filled with country cookin' specialties that are made from scratch. Our desserts are homemade every morning. Come Join us For Breakfast or Lunch Monday-Friday 6am-2pm We are also open Friday Nights for dinner from 5pm-9pm. Come enjoy the patio on friday nights with live music.TIP: Order Dessert First
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent home style cooking and service. Serve generous lunch portions and great homemade pies. Coconut is my personal fave. Popular pie flavors sell out quickly so order it when you place your food order. Unless you arrive early, be prepared to stand in line, but seems to move pretty quickly. They keep your drinks filled and manage to be attentive without being obtrusive. Be sure to try the fried green beans, they are amazing.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

There is always a wait at the door, but they are extremely efficient at seating people quickly. The family style dinner choices are really tasty and include some of the best home made cobbler I've ever eaten...sometimes peach...sometimes blueberry...sometimes some other dessert that is equally good. The restaurant closes at 3:00pm and is not open on Sunday. The staff is wonderful and most have been there forever.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

The menu changes every quarter. I look forward to seeing what is new each season. They serve unusual dinner items. The plated meals are delicious. The burgers are not your standard burger.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This is my regular breakfast stop when in Lubbock. This is certainly no fancy place but it's just like the old café style breakfast I had growing up in my rural community. The staff is attentive and food is great. I always have fried eggs over easy and I'm never disappointed. They also have great lunch and awesome home baked desserts.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

I now know why this place is the #1 place to eat in Lubbock. It’s funky, it’s cool and it’s awesome. The banana pudding is the best I’ve ever had. Are the Philly burger..... OMG good. The onion rings are fresh, homemade and outstanding. This will be my new go to place in Lubbock.

Been to Cast Iron Grill? Share your experiences!