“Wow”

Ranked #1 of 679 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Cast Iron Grill is a busy restaurant nestled in downtown Lubbock. Our menu is filled with country cookin' specialties that are made from scratch. Our desserts are homemade every morning. Come Join us For Breakfast or Lunch Monday-Friday 6am-2pm We are also open Friday Nights for dinner from 5pm-9pm. Come enjoy the patio on friday nights with live music.TIP: Order Dessert First
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

I now know why this place is the #1 place to eat in Lubbock. It’s funky, it’s cool and it’s awesome. The banana pudding is the best I’ve ever had. Are the Philly burger..... OMG good. The onion rings are fresh, homemade and outstanding. This will be my new go to place in Lubbock.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve been trying to eat at this place for two years. Their hours have never coincided with when I was in town, until today, and I was so happy! Cast Iron Grill only does breakfast and lunch. They’re closed by 2:00p.m. except on Fridays when they reopen at 5:00 for dinner until 10:00. The inside is warm, cozy, and inviting. The floor plan is open, but it’s not as noisy as other open floor restaurants I’ve been in. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The food is good, although we have a few suggestions: Less sugar in the coleslaw; less salt in the chicken fried steak; and more salt in the green beans. I ordered the cast iron club with onion rings. The sandwich was nothing to write home about, but good. The onion rings were surprisingly spicy. I could only eat a few of them. My husband ordered the chicken fried steak, coleslaw, and green beans. He liked them except for the above mentioned suggestions. We also ordered a slice of Sawdust Pie (Pecans, pineapple, and coconut) which was very good. I was wondering though, if the waitress meant to say it was coconut and pecans because we didn’t really pick up on any pineapple flavor. Either way, it was very good. My favorite part of the restaurant is the story of it’s inception. Being a stay-at-home mom myself, I especially loved the story. If you’re ever in Lubbock, hungry, during the week between 6:00a.m. and 2:00p.m. I recommend giving the Cast Iron Grill a try. They have a good sized menu and I venture to guess that you’ll find something there you like for a reasonable price.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Good ole home cook'in. Go hungry and get desert. Mid priced and so worth it. Can't beat it. A Lubbock classic that I hope is here forever.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

My favorite place to get a Chicken Fried Steak... with a twist!!! Try the Chicken Fried Steak Sliders with the Green Chile Gravy! Perfect amount of kick, paired with the fried mini steaks on soft rolls.... add the hand cut fries and its a perfect plate, only to be made better by any dessert they carry! Order your dessert at the beginning of your meal, if you wait until after they might not have any left!!!! Check the dessert case while waiting in line to be seated!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This place has great food and is the epitome of cool. From the hard-working waitresses in cowboy boots and cut-offs to the laid back atmosphere, it is one of my favorite places for breakfast and lunch in Lubbock - and did I say the foods great?!