All reviews texas tech stadium university ac hallway towels shower floor location
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I stayed at this hotel on June 22, 2018. Upon arrival, I noticed that the hotel was new and very stylish. I liked the color schemes of the lobby/rooms and the hotel layout was pretty good as well. As I settled in for the evening my experience started to deteriorate. First, when I started to take my shower, I found that the body wash bottle was completely empty! This was a large bottle mounted on a rack inside the shower, so it had not been checked or refilled for quite a long time. Later, I discovered that the previous guests' trash was still in the trash can, it had not been emptied! Finally, I began to notice that there was a thick layer of dust covering everything in the room along with some black smudges on the comforter/bed. Yuck! This hotel is near to Texas Tech University which some folks might prefer. Otherwise, it's located in a kind of rough part of town. It seems that Lubbock is not the best place in Texas to visit/live and I have no plans of ever returning to either the hotel or the town itself!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Gabrielle W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lubbock Central - Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize that we did not meet your cleanliness expectations when you stayed with us 2 months ago. At the time we had just been barely open for 1 month and were still working out some kinks with our new team. Since then, we have implemented numerous changes to prevent these issues from being overlooked and reoccurring. And you're correct that we are within minutes from TTU and Downtown, but are located on the newer side of Marsha Sharp Fwy. We are surrounded by many modernly new apartments and eateries that we hope you had the chance to enjoy. We hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us again and prove to you that we truly do strive for true cleanliness 100% of the time.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

The employees were super nice, other this would’ve been a one star review. The rooms were tiny and dirty and the location is not very good. I would not recommend this hotel.We couldn’t let our baby crawl on the floor because it was so dirty and there was trash in the hallways. The pool was also very dirty and poorly kept. I wouldn’t feel super safe parking my car here either

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Gabrielle W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lubbock Central - Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear jasag00,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Being only a 3-month old property our Housekeeping team strives to ensure 100% cleanliness throughout our hotel, which is why we go through multiple inspections before allowing our guests to enter the room. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations during this stay. And unfortunately since our pool is outdoors, sometimes as windy as Lubbock is, there is a possibility that a little dust can fly through our area. But it is also mandatory for our team to ensure the pool is completely clean and safe for our guests to use as they do check this multiple times throughout the day. I'm sorry that you found our rooms to also be too small for your needs as we actually designed them to be larger than the standard Holiday Inn Express room design for our guests comfort and convenience. If you're needing more space in your future reservation, I would recommend staying in our King Suites as these are the most spacious rooms we have on property. I hope if you are needing a hotel that's located within walking distance of Texas Tech University or the Downtown area, that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

This is a brand new hotel and everything works. Very bright lighting and update features. The down side is the pool is outside so its only good for a couple months out of the year. The rooms have laminate floors so the rooms loud compared to the regular carpeted rooms. The big downside was they are real picky about charges. I was charged $90 for "Damaging a couple towels and wash clothes" How you damage towels I dont know. I admit they did have some make up on them but that washes out. 12 years with Holiday Inn and 26 years of using hotels, "I have NEVER been charged for damaging a room especially towels". I am fine with maybe a extra cleaning charge for the towels but they had them in to be washed and used again. So I guess they weren't that damaged.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Gabrielle W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lubbock Central - Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Jesse T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad to see that you were able to enjoy our amenities that our brand new hotel has to offer. Concerning the damaged linen charge, unfortunately the stains on the linens were too severe that even after special treatment was applied and multiple rewashes, they were not eligible for reuse for our future guests. Since we could not use them again, at the beginning of a new month we do donate them to animal shelters and many other organizations in need. I do apologize for the inconvenience and I hope that this doesn't prevent you from staying with us again and enjoying all the wonderful amenities our hotel has to offer. If you ever need anything during your stay, please contact the Front Desk and they'd be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

This place is perfect! Very modern, still smells brand new. Pool is wornderful as is workout facility. Front desk staff were so friendly and let my daughter swim in the pool past closing time. Very accommodating. Best hotel I’ve stayed in in a while.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Misty B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm so so happy to see that you were able to enjoy every little bit of our brand new hotel and appreciated our new modern look! We always love to hear how wonderful our guest's stays were, and what our team did to make your time with us that much more memorable. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you and your family again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

This by far was the best hotel we have stayed in to date. We booked this hotel last minute and they were very welcoming and accommodating. Hotel is new and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was incredible too. Pancakes, sausage, bacon, veggie omelettes, and so much more. It all tasted great and the workers were quick to refill empty items. If we are ever back in Lubbock I will not hesitate to book this hotel again! This is the first Holiday Inn Expresa I've stayed at in years and will definitely be booking more of them in the future! Thank you Holiday Inn Express for such an AMAZING comfortable stay!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Gabrielle W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lubbock Central - Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear jenniferlrrodriguez,

Thank you so much for your many kind words regarding our property. I'm so ecstatic that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations of all hotels in general, and that we are the best one you've ever stayed at! It always means so much to our team to hear feedback because we take so much pride in ensuring that we are able to exceed all guest expectations of service and cleanliness. Providing true hospitality is our goal no matter how big or small the interaction is, we understand that they always make the biggest impacts. Thank you for staying with us and we will be looking forward to your next visit!