All reviews breakfast ambassador room lighting is sitting room light sleeper breakfast attendant living area top floor great hotel texas tech university biscuits definitely stay here again free breakfast waffles erika perla lamp gravy
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I normally do not write reviews but I am hoping management will take notice of my review and make changes before a decent hotel gets a bad reputation. I am very OCD when it comes to choosing a hotel. I went with comfort suites because most of the reviews said it was a nice clean hotel. I’m a germaphobic so clean is important to me. When me and my family checked in the desk staff was very nice and helpful and gave us our choice of floors to be on. We chose the top floor hoping to avoid the sound of people walking above us. When we got to the room the very first thing I notice is a brown stain on the sheets. It wasn’t big but still visible and disturbing. I was going to call the front desk and ask for another set of sheets when we noticed every time the toilet flushed water was dripping from the shut off valve making a puddle of water on the floor. I went down to the front desk and they graciously moved us to another room. No problem because the sheets were dirty and I had hopes that the new room would be problem free. Moved across the hall and the room was not as I expected. The table between the beds had a spilt drink that had dried and not been wiped up, the window sill had dirt on top of it and the vents in the air conditioner had dirt in between the slats and mold inside the unit. The bathroom floor had black dots of dirt on it. The lights were very dim and although there are lots of lamps you could hardly see. There was dust on the lamp posts. I took a wash rag and wiped down the counters, the one above the fridge was sticky, wiped the window sill out and the slats on the air conditioner and the table between the bed. The rag was black with dirt when I was done. I should have called the front desk but my family was tired and didn’t want to move again. I then discovered a yellow stain on the corner of the white comforter, Gross!! I took that off to sleep. In the morning I discovered black hair on my blonde haired daughters bed and a dead bug in her sheets. This sent my Germaphobia overboard. I left a note for the housekeeper to change the linens and pointed out the stains. When we returned from our day we went to our room to discover housekeeping left our door open. The door was ajar with the deadbolt keeping it open. This really upset me as we left valuables in our room. Nothing seemed to be missing thankfully. The linens looked fresh when we returned but the cracker crumbs that were spilled on the floor that morning are still there which means they didn’t vacuum or did a poor job of it. The lobby of the hotel was nice as well as the breakfast was decent, but I really hope management talks with housekeeping about the job they are doing. This is a decent hotel but a few more reviews about unclean rooms are going to turn people away. There really isn’t an excuse for not changing all the linens between guests and do more than just swipe a damp cloth across things. People’s health are at risk. There should be no visible mold in the air vents, linens should be clean without stains, floors should be free of visible dirt and crumbs from previous guests.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
comfortuniversitytx, Hotel Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear Guest,

We’re pleased that you took the time to comment on our hotel so that we can respond to your concerns. I apologize that several housekeeping concerns detracted from your stay and that we were not compatible with your medical conditions. Everything we do is aimed at improving the guest experience, and we obviously let you down in some ways. When you’re in the area again, we invite you to try us again. You can expect a much better experience in the future because we’re improving every day.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Stayed here 1 night with my kids and their friends in several rooms. For $152 + tax a night, it fell way below my exception.

Inadequate Lights. With EVERY light turned on (2 by the beds, 2 in sitting area, and 1 on the desk), even my 16-year old kids couldn't see anything clearly. Couple of their friends stayed in different rooms, also complained about the insufficient lights.

Flaky Lights. One of the light in the sitting area burned out within 2 minutes after we turned it on. The other one would be flickering on and off. I ended up changing the bulbs myself, which fixed the flickering light, but the burned out one started flickering ALL night. We'd have turned it off but the room is already too dark so we endured the on/off flashing all night long.

Bathroom. It is very clean, enough lights, and plenty of towels. There are 2 big chunks of the bathtub finishing chipped off. The tub drains slow so you'll stand in about 1/2" of water when you shower. Overall, I'm satisfied with the bathroom.

Appliances. It's great that the hotel provides mini-fridge and microwave, which I really appreciate the convenience and usefulness. The microwave, however, needs to be cleaned. Mini-fridge is off-balanced, we kept thinking it's going to fall off the platform it was on. The USB wall charger provided is broken so we just used our own.

Room and Beds. The room is very decently sized. The sitting room is really quite nice. The (queen) beds are very comfortable. Sheets and covers are clean with plenty of pillows. There are extra blankets available in a drawer.

Facility and Staff. The hotel is clean. Staffs are polite and friendly. The pool and Jacuzzi area is clean and with lots of chairs. Although the towels provided are about hand-towel sized -- too small to dry anyone but very small children, which is probably why the carpet coming out the pool area is pretty damp.

Noise. If you are a light sleeper, this hotel may not be for you. We have a front room which you can hear the freeway traffic all night long. I was so tired from driving all day through 40 miles wind storm and took a sleeping pill, but still waking up several times during the night from the noise. We can also hear the noise from people above us and unfortunately for me ... they slept late and got up early. My kids' friends mentioned that they can hear conversations and water running for showers from the adjacent rooms.

Breakfast. It is pretty good for a free hotel breakfast. There are fruits, bagels/bread/donuts/biscuits, sausage/eggs, cereals, yogurts, waffles, and juice/tea/coffee/hot chocolate. For those of you who wants hotel mini-muffins -- no mini-muffins here, so no need to sit there for 30 minutes to see if mini-muffins will be served. :) The lady who ran the breakfast bar is very very nice and ran it smoothly (replenish food, chat up with guests, etc.). Breakfast area is clean with enough tables and seats.

UPDATE: After I submitted the Comfort Suits Survey, the general manger, Erika Castellaw, sent me an email “… I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management.
…”.

I appreciate her for taking the time to write to me and letting me know something is done towards solving the problems.

Room Tip: Top floor and not facing the freeway
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
comfortuniversitytx, Hotel Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your stay at our hotel!!! We appreciate your each and every valuable comment. We have seriously taken note of your suggestions, especially regarding upgrade and will take adequate steps to update hotel and ensure that your next stay at our hotel will be a memorable experience. Please visit us again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is great and to make it even better, Ms. Erica who was running breakfast was so sweet, hard-working, and constantly attentive to the guests! She’s awesome and our stay has been just as great!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
comfortuniversitytx, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at Comfort Suites University Lubbock. I am so pleased to see our staff's efforts helped in making your visit a memorable one. I will be sure to share your compliments with Erica.Thanks We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Lubbock area.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We stayed here the night before having a procedure at Grace Clinic early the next morning. It is incredibly convenient for that kind of thing. It's just down the access road. Probably not even a mile away.

The rooms are nice and clean here. Big fluffy towels and plenty of them. It's pretty new. I hated that the carpet in our room already had a red stain on it. Don't know if it was a red drink or nail polish. It was clean, just stained. Not a big stain, about 3 inches across. The room is arranged nicely with a little sitting area, then a pony wall and the bed on the other side of that.

I couldn't eat breakfast, but my husband did. He said it was fine.

The night we were there, the hotel seemed full of construction workers, like maybe they were working on a highway close by. My husband remarked that he thought I was the only woman staying in the hotel. I'm sure that's because of the good price, clean rooms, and the free breakfast.

The check in clerk was nice, although she wasn't speedy. I'm not sure if she was new or if her computer was being difficult. Each check in took her...a while. Not long enough to get totaly disgusted, but not as quick as you usually expect. I got the impression she was the only employee there at night. I prefer having more than one employee on duty at night. There could have been someone else that I didn't see. They just weren't present.

All in all, a nice, clean place. Convenient to hospitals. Good price.

Room Tip: We were on the highway side. It's loud like all highways. Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
DHSLLCTX, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear lindaabc, Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback and the excellent 4-star rating for Comfort Suites University. We are discussing your feedback with our front desk and housekeeping team for internal improvements. I also want to assure you that we are very friendly location for everyone, and you were not the only woman staying in our hotel. In fact we are quite popular with women due to our new hotel product, comfortable rooms, excellent guest service, affordable rates, complimentary amenities and close proximity to the Texas Tech University and Medical Center facilities of Lubbock. We look forward to your return to Lubbock and welcome you again at our hotel. Please reach out to me if I can help make your future stays more comfortable. Thank you, Erika - General Manager.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We came into Lubbock to search for a new house to complete our planning to relocate to Lubbock in the coming weeks. House hunting is a stressful time:). Erika Valdez, our Breakfast Ambassador for the week is a treasure. She greeted us each morning with a delightful smile and her gentle spirit. Her attention to your every need sets her apart as an excellent representative of the hotel. Thank you for making our stay so worthwhile.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
DHSLLCTX, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear jagill71, Thank you for staying with us and for the excellent 5-star rating for Comfort Suites University. I thank you for the special callout for Erika and for choosing our hotel during your time of relocation. We look forward to serving you again whenever required. We are glad to see you benefited from our comfortable rooms, guest service, affordable rates, many free amenities and close proximity to the Texas Tech University and Medical Center facilities of Lubbock. We look forward to your return to Lubbock and welcome you again at our hotel. Thank you, Erika - General Manager.