“Good Indian food in East Texas”
Review of Chill'Um Grill

Chill'Um Grill
Ranked #55 of 244 Restaurants in Longview
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Had Boxing Day (that's 26 December) dinner here with my girlfriend, her BFF, and the BFF's hubby.

Delicious Chicken Tikka Masala and Indian Chai and Ghenner (sp?) dessert, friendly & efficient service by a pleasant young lady named Noor (I believe she's the owner's daughter), and relaxing atmosphere.

Unfortunately, they were out of Khulfi ice cream, and they didn't serve alcohol, which therefore meant no fine Indian beers such as Taj Mahal or Kingfisher. Also, no Dal or Muligatawny soups on the menu.

Still a worthwhile experience overall.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

I visited the drive thru location on Gilmer road, I have never been to the restaurant before. I ordered the beef and chicken kabob with naan...it was delicious!! It was herby and tender, both the meat and the bread. I also had strawberry hibiscus tea that was very refreshing. I will be back and hope to visit the restaurant location soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I tried the Mediterranean sampler which was a special and it was very good. It had stuffed grape leaves on the platter which would have been better warmed. I was trying to eat healthy so I had the grilled vegetable salad. It was a little bland but I was going for healthy. There were several more interesting dishes on the menu that I will try next time. The waitress was good and the decor is nice. It is BYOB which could be a cost saver if you are aware and prepared.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Well, it's the only game in town, if you want Indian food. Located in a former church, with multiple connected modular buildings, the interior really has a nice ambiance. I've visited their Hallsville location a few times and new the food was good and high quality. They have also just opened a second restaurant on Gilmer Road.

Sunday is a lunch buffet from 11a to 2:30p. The selection and quality was great. Everything you would expect to find (but no saag paneer or palak paneer, though, sad face). Nothing was too hot (spicy) for an American palate. Even my wife loved everything (normally, she only tolerates eating Indian food when we go out of town). The naan was served precut and looked too perfectly round, but otherwise great. I prefer ripping apart the irregular-shaped, homemade-looking naan. They even had an Indian take on teriyaki chicken, which was excellent.

The price for the Sunday buffet was $15 per person. A little steep for east Texas wallets, but perfectly in line with high quality Indian restaurants around the U.S.

There were not many people at the buffet, but we were in and out before noon. I surely hope this location succeeds here in Longview because I plan on eating here often.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

How many times have we driven by this place and said we wanted to try it? Well, we were on a tight schedule and Lil Thai was already backed up, so we headed over. They weren't very busy, which is good/bad - good since we had an appointment, and bad because it makes you wonder about why more people weren't there. Still wondering, because the food, service and prices are all very good. We split a Greek salad, and it was plenty salad for two people. The naan bread was EXQUISITE! Perfectly pillowy and lightly charred, the best ever. Hubby got the Tandoori lunch special, a leg quarter also nicely cooked and spiced with salad and rice (wishing he had asked for more bread, we'll know better next time!) I had a panini sandwich that was oozing with paneer and nicely dressed. The pasta salad was ok, but nothing special. I thanked our waitress for NOT bringing the dessert tray over, as we needed to make a 1:30 appointment.We will for sure check it that out on our next visit.

Been to Chill'Um Grill? Share your experiences!