“Longview, Texas”

Jalapeno Tree Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 257 Restaurants in Longview
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Very popular location. Chain of restaurants in East Texas. Salsa is really good. Service needs improvement and food is good. Wide menu selection. This location was packed by 5:30 on a Saturday. Reasonable prices. Not authentic but better than Taco Bell. Good portions and again good food.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Not happy with our service or food here! The group service was very bad with several members not getting their meals before others were done! My wife was one.

As usual, I had to check out the tortilla soup. Not a good option, served cold. Asked to get it warm and they reheated it with the tortilla chips in the soup which came back as mush. Totally unacceptable! Also the chicken soup was really a vegetable soup with heave carrot and zucchini content, could not find any chicken.

The enchiladas plate was very skimpy with the enchilada, beans and rice were okay.

Not my recommendation for mexican.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I like the Jalapeño Tree food, but the service was slow, surly and just plain awful. I have found that East Texas paced service is a challenge for a city dweller anyway, but it took flagging down a manager to get our food, along with other tables around us. Too many Mexican restaurants in town to suffer through a 25 minute wait for food and absolutely no acknowledgement by our server that we were waiting. By the way, the tamales are quite good.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Food is good and service is usually satisfactory. The hostess however is another story. She does not like to give a booth to anyone with less than 4 despite the restaurant being loaded with empty booths. Happened to me three times and trust me if you insist on a booth you will face more attitude than you care to stomach. Have spoken with the manager about her seemed to do no good and won’t be back.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Sorry was not impressed at all. Food was just okay and nothing special. I was a bit disappointed. I dont think I will return.