“Good food, always fun”

Kobee Japanese Steak House & Sushi Pub
Ranked #93 of 257 Restaurants in Longview
Description: |Year Established: 2006.
Description: |Year Established: 2006.
Reviewed 15 May 2016

My husband and I eat here several times a year. It's a nice date night as well as lots of fun with a group. We enjoy the show, but it is always exactly the same. That would be fine if you are a first timer, but it would be great if they could add some variety (for example, the sliced onion stack that smokes like a train engine, throwing eggs at a knife, and the smiley face on the rice). Even so, we always have fun. The chefs are friendly and engaging, and their knife juggling skills are amazing.
The food is always tasty; I love the soup and the house dressing on the salad, and the "old-style shrimp" is fabulous. However, every time I've had the chicken or steak, it has been overcooked, due to being on the cooking surface too long. While a bit expensive, we always get 2 meals out of our visit because the portions are so large, we take home enough for lunch the next day.
I really wish they would spruce the place up a bit. For what they charge, a little more ambiance is necessary, and that goes for the exterior as well as the interior. The owner needs to view his restaurant through the eyes of a customer. Start with the street view, and add a little landscaping! Then enter and notice that the hostess sometimes looks like she just crawled out of bed and threw on yesterday's clothes. Having to sit at the tables facing the back work area means looking at a storage closet with no door or curtain. And stop bringing the fortune cookies and to-go boxes while we are still only halfway through with our meals! It sure makes it seem like you're rushing us out, and I hate eating with styrofoam boxes on our table.
Having said all that, notice I gave Kobes 4 stars, because we like this place so much. We will keep going back, but hopefully, the owner will work on some of these minor issues.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Loved the food, we came in as the last customer, we would recommend coming an hour before they close to really enjoy the experience. The chef was awesome and the staff gave great service!

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Fun place to eat and meet. staff is great and we go there all the time.
You can sit at the bar or a table or the grill. I have done it all.. love the grill and you can joke and cut up with the cooks and they will cut up with you. I did my daughter 21 birthday part there and boy did we have fun in there 2nd floor grill..

Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

I was traveling on business so I didn't want to have the Kobe grill show or sit at the sushi bar so I had the option to sit in a booth. I had the seaweed salad and yellow fin sashimi because I wasn't extremely hungry. They have a full bar but I decided to stay in the theme with hot sake. My waiter did a good job of being there when I needed him without hovering. I didn't order anything challenging so it is hard to judge the sushi chef but maybe next time I will get one of the special rolls. The good news is there will be a next time.

Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

They have a very Wide variety of sushi. Service could be much better compared to the prices of everything!!! Clean quite place to dine at though.