“Sweet”

Add it.
Cakeland
Ranked #103 of 408 Restaurants in Laredo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Cake availble are fresh made that day, prices are a little high, but very good, excellent customer service and very pretty place.

Date of visit: September 2012

Reviewed 29 May 2012

While at my first visist to cakeland I was serviced by an extremly rude employee. As I was ordering pastries she used a rude tone with me and continued to say, after each thing I ordered, "Is that all." Clearly I wasnt finished ordering and I did not appreciate her attitude. I ordered alot of items that day and was only satisfied with one of them. I found the coffee cake to be dry I would go as far to argue it was old. The empanadas tasted generic and lacked flavor. The napolieon was delicous. On another visit there I went back to give them a second chance I ordered thier cream filled puff pastry and a "chocolate mousse." The lady attending me was not the same individual that attended me the first time. This individual forgot to give me my cream filled puff pastry and gave me what she said was "chocolate mousse." When I got to the car I realized it wasnt chocolate mousse but pudding. I was very disappointed to learn it was pudding not mousse. How could they label that mousse. Mousse is light and airy not thick and creamy. I went back a third time to order a cream filled puff pastry. I got the same individual who took my order the first time she was again rude. My boyfriend ordered a lemonade she did not ask us what size and when we tried to tell her we wanted the jumbo size she came out with a very inappropriate comment she said " I am not Bolliols." On this visit I ordered a slice of cake and a cream filled puff pastry. The cakes frosting was to sweet. The cakes bread was really delicous I wish I could have tasted the filling between the bread more. The puff pastry was ok I enjoyed the cream inside it. The cream tasted amazing. I like the display of pastries at they have I just wish they would all taste as delicous as they look.

Date of visit: May 2012
2  Thank Nin10
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The place is bran new and the food was great! However the sweetbread was sooo good.

Date of visit: March 2012

Been to Cakeland? Share your experiences!