“Great restaurant”

Bakkhus taverna
Ranked #10 of 77 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: near the boardwalk of Kemah
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Went for dinner. I ordered the Greek Festival plate, it was a sample of several of their top dishes. It was very good, and lots of it. My husband got the Gyro Plate and also had so much food we had to take some home. The flavors were very good. Service was great. We ate on the outside covered patio, as it was a very pleasant evening. We also ordered dessert, I got the bread pudding, it was a very large serving of pudding, It is more like a consistency of a moist fruit cake, without all the fruit, it is not the type of bread pudding that you spoon into a bowl, this comes out sliced in a large square piece.It also comes with vanilla ice cream, It was very good. Way to much to eat, two can share this. My husband got their cheesecake, which was also very large and he reported very good Would go back.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The food is amazing, nice little restaurant in the middle of a tourist haven. I was hungry and really didn't expect much but the Chicken Pita was plentiful and tasty. This is what I call a real find where your expectations are exceeded by the reality. Not easy to find a place to park up there but park, take the walk and get the Gyro or the Chicken Pita. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My husband and I come here on an almost weekly basis to sit on the patio and eat tasty greek food. Their food is consistently good (but not great), even when there are few customers, which is when we like to come. I always have the gyro platter with parmesan fries, my husband has the gyro burrito which has fire feta in it, and we rotate between appetizers. Fire feta, dolmathes (grape leaves with beef and rice), and keftethes (meatballs). There was one time in our 2 years of coming here where the food wasn't as fresh as usual, and one really odd time where we sat on a full patio for 10 minutes and weren't acknowledged so we left. Their menu is much smaller than it used to be. I loved the crabcake sandwich and the sweet roll it was served on. There were also several hamburgers that were delicious that were taken away. Check their website to see lunch time specials and daily weekday dinner specials as well as happy hour half off glasses of house wine. Servers aren't the friendliest however they are quick, efficient, and always have our order correct so can't fault that.

1  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We stop here for lunch whenever we're in Kemah. Service is fast and friendly. It's a bar/restaurant with seating inside or out. Great food. Love their parmesan fries!

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I would have given a higher rating because the food was fresh, but the service was poor. The beignets were cold when finally delivered to table. The triple hummus appetizer is not worth the cost; two of the three were wrong items and by the time the correct ones were delivered the pitas were cold. The entrees were all good and generous portions and saved the overall dining experience.