All reviews within walking distance bar restaurant t bone very nice hotel minute walk room was large definitely stay here again comfortable beds workout room few blocks business trip nice size a great place to stay board walk one night stay live music boardwalk
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We needed a place to stay after we attended a celebration party. Perfect location with restaurants and bars within walking distance. The new hotel is sleek and modern. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The only CON. Spring loaded doors. The closets door bruised by arm. The bathroom is also spring loaded. Bed is comfy.

Room Tip: We were located near the elevator and ice machine... more quiet too.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Donna F, Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank You! Christue D

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.
We truly appreciate your input and hope we have the pleasure of
welcoming you back one day soon.

Safe travels and Take care!

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Stayed here for one night while in the area. I agree with all the positive reviews given. My wife and I had no issues. The parking is free and the boardwalk if a 5 to 10 minute walk down the road. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Just booked 10 weeks at another hotel in Kemah, Boardwalk Hotel.
Stayed at the Holiday Inn though last week. Hotel is very nice, wait staff and restaurant was great.
Needed to speak with upper management have left 2 messages as of 8-1-18 and no response as of yet day # 2.
Upper management is definitely lacking in leadership and hospitality.
Thank you front desk staff for directing me to another property.
JT

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Donna F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thank You! JT091114

We always appreciate our guest input.
We wish you well and always may your travels be amazing!

Reviewed 28 July 2018

I have stayed here many times for business. This is the first time I have had real issues conducting business. The staff is always friendly and the location to T-Bone Tom's and the boardwalk can't be beat. The room is comfortable and the AC worked great. The bed was very comfortable. The only thing I don't like about the bathroom is if you aren't careful with the shower curtain you can have a mess.

My issue on this trip was the last day I kept getting kicked out of wireless. I called the desk and they said there were no issues but they said they would reset their equipment. First, I have 30 years of IT so I understand the technology. Second my system worked wirelessly all day and the next without issue at work. It only had issue here. Basically I couldn't do any work and traveling the next day meant I was way behind. I will try the hotel again but if they continue I'll have to move to Webster.

Another issue was there was a huge concert on the boardwalk that Wednesday. When I got back late at 6:30 pm I found one of five parking spaces. I know others that couldn't find parking. They say parking by non-guest will be towed. They have no way of knowing and they could careless in my opinion on who is parking in their lot. Not good.

Normally this is a 5 star stay and I give it a 4 for this visit based on the past. Really it was only about a 3 start. I'll try again in a month and then make a decision on where to stay the following trip.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Donna F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank You! Stargazerm31

We appreciate your input and have shared your review with our entire Team.
We enjoy welcoming you back each visit and we truly hope you will.
We apologize for any inconvenience that occurred during this stay and
we of course want you to know We, our Team, will always do our best for you.
Thank You and Safe Travels!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel a lot over the past few years. The best part use to be the hospitality of the restaurant/bar employees and the former GM. Sebastian is the only one still there and has maintained his awesome hospitality. As for the rest (evenings), I might as well serve myself.. Careful during events on the boardwalk: this HI does nothing to manage people attending events that are not hotel guest. Hotel guest had to park outside of parking areas and in handicap spots. The cleanliness is still good as before, but management seems to be making poor decisions. The new GM needs to loosen up!! My 5 is now a 3.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Donna F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Hello Rebel985,

Thank You for your input and for staying with us.
We do apologize that the country night at the boardwalk event sponsored and not affiliated with our hotel in any way which
turned out to be a HUGE event that nobody not even the City
of Kemah expected. We know the traffic was indeed out of hand.
We appreciate your input, all of it, and of course will share it with our
team. We understand new faces are an adjustment but, we are positive our team will continue to provide service expected by all our IHG guest who love our brand as much as we do.
Our team is actually celebrating it's best service scores in years!
We owe our success to our guest. So, thank you!