There are a few really good reasons to visit Katy, Texas, one of which was that I pedaled through this fine community several years ago on my Trans-Texas Bicycle Odyssey (carefully recounted in my 4th book, "Dried, Fried, and Sky'd by Headwinds & Heat: my 1300miles/21kilometer Trans-Texas Bicycle Odyssey"), and the most recent has been the marriage of my most favorite, #1 son to a woman who went to secondary school here. In the latter, case I was not pedaling (except on the exercycle in the fine fitness room) but enjoying overnighting in the excellent hotel. So you may be wondering that if I claim it to be so fantastic, why only four stars?
Well, I give very few hotels all 5 stars because they simply don't recognize the critical needs to conserve clean, fresh water.
Specifically, there is not shut-off valve on the showerhead which will conserve the most essential of fluids to (Human) life, clean fresh water. I learned abou this whilst serving in the US Navy; all showerheads aboard ship (during the 1970s, anyway; but I doubt the need for clean, fresh water aboard ship has changed since) have the standard shut-off valve which allows for efficient use by practicing: wet down-stop water-soap down-start water-rinse off, all to be done within a minute. Hampton Inns & Suites is just one virtually ALL hotes/motels throughout the USA which fail to recognize that we Humans must simply not be so wasterful of clean, fresh water, a vital and limited resource that is increasingly becoming rarity around the World. One other negative point is that the a/c unit runs loud; when watching the fine flat-screen monitor, I had to raise the volume to be able to hear the audio--a problem if your signficant other is to not be woken!
Otherwise, this is a FIVE star establishment. The rooms are quiet with very little light leakage through tight windows; the key-coded entryways & front covered entrance are double-door vistuals, thus ensuring that less of the conditioned atmosphere inside is lost outside and the variable atmosphere outside intrudes; the fine fitness room has free weights, various aerobic machines (including my favorite, an exercycle!) as well as a flat-screen monitor; an outdoor pool, hot tub & administrative/computer/printer room; an efficient & helpful front desk as well as extremely competent & careful room service/custodial personnel; a shuttle (driver Darrel is extremely friendly as well as task-oriented) and definitely something I always look for, a "free" substantial brekkie.
This is an exceptionally fine hotel, which shares the same entrace with an equally fine Comfort Inn & Suites, which I had overnighted in a few months ago. This Hampton Inn & Suites definitely gets my "Wheel of Approval!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Searching for an ideal location for your business or leisure trip? The Hampton Inn and Suites Katy is definitely your best choice! Located in the heart of Katy and within easy reach of great dining, shopping, and entertainment. We are also conveniently located minutes from The Energy Cooridor, Downtown, and Airports. Our pleasant accomodations offer a charming atmosphere, high comfort, and superior hospitality! We have a variety of amenities at the right price including complimentary High Speed Internet and hot breakfast. Make The Hampton Inn & Suites Katy your choice when visiting the Houston/Katy area. We look forward to having you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Katy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Houston-Katy
- Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Katy Hotel Katy
- Hampton Inn Katy
- Katy Hampton Inn