See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 November 2012

This was actually our third time to stay here. But I remember the first time, my daughter and I were really aprehensive about staying at a bed and breakfast, since we had never done so and I thought we would feel uncomfortable staying in a stranger's home. Susan welcomed us in with a glass of wine and was genuinely interested in the conference we were attending. We have always stayed in the Ramsey suite and feel like it is our room now.

Breakfasts are awesome, two courses and the company around the table is always interesing. One of the last meals I had included bananas with carmel and almonds and a scone, then eggs with herbs, and a wonderful cheese toast and bacon. My daughter is allergic to wheat and Susan made sure that she had a wonderful meal also, substituting the wheat with something else, yogurt in place of the scone and grapes in place of the toast.

The first time we stayed here, we had a carmelized banana dish that my daughter enjoyed so much that Susan made another batch and sent it home with us.

This is a beauiful home made even more appealing by such a lovely host, so comfortable and homey. I would recommend this bed and breakfast highly and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We love staying at Wise Manor. This elegant, historic home B & B is in the charming town of Jefferson, Texas, and features 3 guest rooms on the second floor. We have always stayed in the Ramsey Suite, which has a main bedroom, a smaller alcove-room with an antique child's bed, and a bathroom with a shower. The rooms are filled with various antiques, some family items, but also have televisions and DVD players. There are books as well as DVDs to enjoy during your stay. There is a coffeemaker and coffee service in the room so that you can have your morning java before going down to a gourmet breakfast (I never could eat it all!) During breakfast, Ms. Wise will be happy to tell you about her childhood years growing up in Jefferson, and also point you toward restaurants and attractions. If you are a walker (and the weather isn't too hot) you could probably walk to downtown, but otherwise it is only a short drive. Their might also be the potential for having the horse-drawn carriage pick up you at the B & B if you wanted a really romantic excursion.

As with any B & B or hotel, you have to make a decision based on your needs. If you are traveling with a baby or very small child, want a swimming pool, or if you cannot easily climb stairs, then you may wish to discuss this with the innkeeper to determine if this lodging is for you. If you love antiques and want a romantic get-away destination, then look no further!

Room Tip: We like the Ramsey suite because it is the largest of the rooms, but you might prefer the looks of one of the other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caprina
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Beautiful Gingerbread home with a gracious hostess. The decor was beautiful. Breakfast was so yummy with coffee,juice, fruit and cream, and eggs benedict. Comfy beds, complete with complimentary chocolates. I cant wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ramsey Suite that has two beds in adjoining rooms. Absolutely perfect for a sister's weekend.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2009

My wife, one year old toddler, and in-laws had a wonderful stay at Wise Manor. The lady of the house Susan was very personable and and exellent hostess. Her mother had restored the home many years ago and she retains it as a living memory of her family complete with numerous family pieces that really give the place it's flavor.

It's a cozy place excellent for a nice weekend away from the strain and stress of our everyday lives. I highly recommend Wise Manor.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family