“Great Hotel”

Ranked #64 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Dunwoody, Georgia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stay here quite often and have never had a bad experience. The front desk personnel are so helpful and friendly. There is a free breakfast or right across the street is a Denny's if you want a snack or to eat out. The location is great for the DFW airport. The rooms are clean and the first floor is a smoking floor but the top 2 floors are non smoking. It is hard to find a hotel with rooms for smokers and some of us have not quiet quit .....yet. There is a complete mini-kitchen set up in every room with coffee maker, mini refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen T.V. but really it is the front desk staff and manager that make the place for me.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
DFWnorth, Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you Deborah for your wondeful comments about our Hotel. We are very glad that you enjoy your each and every stay here at Ramada. Yes, our front desk staffs does a great job and try to make their guest as happy as they can. It is our pleasure that you've chose our hotel among others even when you have many options. We really hope to see you again and again. Thank you so much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel is quiet, clean and has everything that is needed. I have been staying at this hotel for the past 12 years and I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
DFWnorth, Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
First of all, Thank you staying with us, as you are one of our valuable and long term guest, we are always happy to assist you. Also, we really appreciate all the good comments. We always look forward to assist you in future. Once again Thank You for staying with us and being one of our loyal guests, we couldn't ask for more.. Hope to see you again and again in future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I enjoyed the hotel....the staff was very customer oriented. It was really great to be able to leave my car and use the complimentary shuttle going and coming from the airport. Two staff who were especially helpful in assisting me with administrative tasks were Meena and George. Their assistance really alleviated what could have been a very stressful event. Again, the customer service could not be topped!
Thanks for everything....

A.S.

Room Tip: If you're single the King bed was roomy and very comfortable....making it easy to fall asleep!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Thank You for taking out your time and giving us a valuable comment. As we know park and fly can be very hectic but we try to make it as comfortable as we can for our guests. Most of our guests leave their car parked in our parking lot and wants to use our complimentary shuttle to the DFW Airport. We have an affordable park and fly package for the guest and its very good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be very glad to assist you in future and hope to see you soon. Thank You..
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I cannot believe some of the petty complaints posted about this hotel! Please, folks! Yes, this is an older property...a little frayed around the edges...that cannot be denied. Regardless, you will not find a better place to stay for the money! As an IT Consultant, I travel a great deal all over the country, stay at the major chains (Crowne Plaza, Marriott, Wyndham, Westin, etc), and still love this Ramada. Why? Four reasons: 1) it has all the amenities I need such as REALLY , REALLY comfortable beds, coffee maker, ice machines, free continental breakfast, free coffee, free wi-fi, swimming pool, refrigerator, microwave, etc...and 2.) it is clean, clean, clean! ...and 3.) I am known to demand value for my money...and for my clients' money...and 4.) they have an AWESOME staff! The friendly and professional front desk staff treat you as if you are the most important guest they have ever had...the maintenance staff are efficient, unobtrusive, and fast...the housekeeping staff are among the best I have seen anywhere! You get personal service at this Ramada and it actually feels more like a B&B than a chain hotel. In this day and age, it's unusual when the ENTIRE STAFF seem to genuinely appreciate the fact that you are spending your money with them. I never stay anywhere else when I am in Dallas! You can spend WAY, WAY more, probably get fresher paint, maybe newer carpet...but if you need me, I'l be at the Ramada!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
We can't thank you enough Mr James for all the kind words that you have wrote for our Ramada. It's our pleasure to have you here and stay with us. Yes, many of our guests do complain about the older property but as you mentioned we do try to maintain and keep the property as clean as possible and do our best to provide customer satisfaction by our hotel amenities, customer service, and cleanliness. Also, I will definitely pass your good comments to my entire staff. Please let me know if you need anything for the future and we will be more than happy to assist you. Once again THANK YOU for all those beautiful words for our property, we really appreciate and love having you around. Thank you!!!!!!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I recently spent the night at the Ramada. I chose this place at the last minute. Normally I stay at the 4 star Westin next door when we fly out of DFW airport which is 3 times more expensive to stay. This time I was by myself so I decided to try this place instead. I was very pleasantly surprised!! The room was very clean and so nice and comfortable!! It had refrigerator and microwave in my room with granite counter and cabinets which would be great for long stays. The bed was so comfortable and clean and was made up the same as the 4 star hotel room. They had coffee in the room and free breakfast which was an added bonus. I got there early evening and was able to walk next door to the restaurant bar at the Westin for dinner and a cocktail. There was a Dennys or something like that just across the street if you wanted to get a less expensive meal but I chose the Westin for dinner this time. The hotel staff was great and very helpful. Thanks George and all the staffll! I left my car there and when I returned the shuttle picked me up rigtht away without haveing to wait. Now I plan to stay there all the time now when I am flying out of DFW. Joanne M. Tyler, Tx

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
DFWnorth, Manager at Quality Inn DFW-Airport, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
We are very thankful to you for taking out your time and giving us such a valuable compliment. Yes, we here at Ramada try our level best to please our guests with our hotel amenities and good customer service. We are really glad to hear that you liked our Hotel even though you had a choice and you choose us over Westin Hotel. Also, most of our guest wants to leave their car parked in our hotel and they take the shuttle to DFW airport. We have 24 hour shuttle service. Again, we can't thank you enough for choosing our Hotel and giving us a chanve to serve you. We really hope to see you again in the future. Thank You!!!!!