“Great staff, good breakfast and shuttle service to airport and surrounding area”

SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving
Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We choose this hotel as my husband wanted to go to Belk and this was closest hotel with airport shuttle. Note you must call airport shuttle at the hotel number. We live overseas and did not have roaming on our phone we used complimentary hotel number in the arrivals Hall to call hotel. Driver came timely took 20 minutes considering where it is located. Friendly hotel staff both driver and all front desk agent. Spacious clean room only thing noticed it had an interesting smell when we walked in. There isn't much around in terms of restaurants. Shuttle said would take you within 3 miles of hotel. Did notice they have in room dining service. Next Day took 7am shuttle. Shuttles leave every hour from 6am to airport. Complimentary breakfast was really good. Lots of variety. Hot - eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeak etc and cold - yoghurt, cereal The food was delicious.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Was scheduled to have my family reunion at this hotel July 14-17. Set up what I was told was the best rate later to find out that the regular rate was lower. The hotel 'accommodated' me by adjusting the block of rooms for the going rate only after I inquired about it. When I initially inquired (9 days before our determined cut off date of July 1st) I was told by the director of sales via email that "being that you only have 3 reservations , I shouldn't be offering a discounted rate"--discounted?? . Then 2 days before the arrival of the majority of my family, I contacted the director of sales for an updated reservation list. The director of sales and I had a phone conversation for about 10 minutes about a variety of things on the 12th. Some family members arrived on the 13th of July and my family let me know that there was sign that stated the pool would be closed for maintenance from the 13th-17th...the dates of the reunion. Our family loves the pool and the pool was one of the reasons that this hotel had originally been chosen. As soon as my cousin notified me, I contacted the hotel and was told by the director of sales that she did not know it would be closed (although when I spoke face to face with the GM that same day, I was told they knew 2 days prior). I had just spoken to the director of sales the day before (on the 12th) and she did not mention anything about it and besides, she knew on the 13th but did not bother to contact me to make me aware of the situation. The GM did give us permission to ride the hotel shuttle- if it was available- to a sister property that was about a 15 minute commute and use their pool-- not very convenient. Never once did a staff member apologize about the situation. Needless to say, we cancelled all of the rooms and moved to another hotel in the area that was very accommodating for our family reunion!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BMDehsuh
maritzamcgee, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear valued guest,

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconveniences you encountered at our property. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Irving.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel has some operating problems. Moved to 3 different rooms because of damp, musty smells. Traveling w 8 business colleagues all w similar complaint. AC in elevator area not working on each floor. Feels like 94-degrees during the 3 minute wait. Spacious room, clean with fridge, microwave and sitting room area. Staff very attentive and apologetic. Sprayed room w fragrance to air out. That's a temporary fix.
Shuttle too busy to be helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
maritzamcgee, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience with your guest room. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed here during my short trip to Dallas for, and was looking for convenient hotel near airport. This place offered the best deal and I was very happy to see the service, and flexibility of staff to allow early check in, late check out to help me plan my day. Very much impressed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2017

This hotel and their staff are the absolute best. It started the second we got to the hotel. We got into town early, normal check-in time was 3PM but they let us do an early check-in at 10AM with no fuss, no delay, no attitude, and most importantly at no additional cost. The staff always had a smile on their face and looked genuinely happy to be there. The room was clean, the breakfast was good, the pool was small but still great. On our last day, right before check-out, our door got jammed because of the new locks they installed so we got locked out of the room but they were very accommodating, offered us free snacks, let us go down to the pool until they could get the door opened and let us check out late. They handled it very well and we will definitely be coming back. The location was also amazing, right between Dallas and Arlington which helped with our stay since we were doing things in both cities. The whole staff deserves recognition for their commitment to their customers. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Dallas but here.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
maritzamcgee, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay.
Thank you for your time and please come visit us again soon!

Sincerey,
Maritza McGee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
0.7 km away
0.8 km away
Courtyard Dallas Las Colinas
11.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Ft. Worth Airport South

Been to SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving? Share your experiences!