“It really depends”

Sleep Inn DFW Airport
Ranked #45 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The place is quiet despite being near the airport & tram. The issue is parking. Apparently this place is a base for some transportation business and they barely have adequate parking as it is. They are adding another building so if any guests there have vehicles, it will be bad. They are remodeling the current building so things are a mess in the halls, whatever. Construction for the new building has the back part of the property a mess, again whatever. There were at least 3 white VW Jettas in the parking lot that didn't move in the 4 days I stayed here, which many of the vehicles don't seem to move. It appears this place caters to air travelers arriving in one of the many vans parked on the property, and this place is ideal for that type of visit. The breakfast is scrambled eggs, meat and all standard faire. There really are no restaurants within walking distance. Staff is reserved, but helpful. Pool was nice. They have one washer & dryer, which both worked fine. The bottom line is that if you're driving in and going to be in & out for a few days, I'd not recommend this place, but it is a good place to stay otherwise.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen H

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We are Choice Members and booked the hotel through their own website. We arrived at the hotel and realized it was under construction. They are building another wing. We decided to give it a chance. The night attendant put us is a room on the third floor. Unfortunately it was right next to the construction.

We got to our room and realized the wifi was out. We called down to the counter and she apologized and said it would be fixed the next morning. This was highly disappointing because one of the major reasons we booked this hotel in the first place, was it's wifi. We were shopping for a car, and losing the internet connection definitely put a crimp in our plans. The only thing we got from management the next morning was a shrug and an off hand apology.

Remember the construction? Well the noise was so bad in the room, it was impossible to stay in there. Luckily we had plans and left for the day.

We returned that late afternoon/early evening to find that our room hadn't been cleaned. Nothing. Beds unmade and no clean towels. This was the breaking point for my husband. He was angry. There was no excuse for the lack of care exhibited by the employees of this property. We stayed the second night solely because we'd prepaid for it.

The breakfast area is way, way, way to small for the size of hotel it is. And remember they're adding on. We came down around 8 am both mornings. The first time we couldn't find anywhere to eat but there was food. We took our food and went back to the room. The food was only ok. I've definitely had better. The second morning we couldn't find a place to sit AND there was no food left and no employees in sight. We ended up leaving and getting breakfast at an area restaurant.

Overall, this hotel was a huge disappointment. With so many other choices in the area, Choice property or not, I'll never stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hkay_h
customerservice c, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Vicky C.

Sleep Inn DFW
972-929-8888

Reviewed 8 July 2017

After arriving at the airport and calling the hotel, their shuttle never arrived to pick us up. Another hotel shuttle driver was kind enough to take us to the hotel. We were given a 1st floor room and ended up moving to another because the window was very loose in its frame and did not offer us security. In our second room, the door to the adjoining room was unlocked and I had to secure it. There were other people in the room on the other side, so I moved things in front of the door just for the peace of mind. Both rooms had a damp musty smell. The second room also smelled of smoke. Having arrived on a late evening flight, I elected not to ask for another room. The room our friends had smelled better than ours. The overall cleanliness of the hotel left something to be desired. Scuffed doors, dingy carpet, and cheap-looking breakfast area... it just didn't seem to be worth as much as I was being charged for the room.

Room Tip: Take a room somewhere other than the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bmcneil0215
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I've been impressed with Sleep Inns in several locations, so when I had an unexpected overnight in Dallas due to a missed flight, I quickly booked a room. This is a newly renovated Sleep Inn (in fact, it's still under renovation), so the decor is modern and comfortable. The front desk staff was overwhelmed with check-ins even late that night but were still professional and helpful. Didn't have to wait on the shuttle at the airport and it was on time in the morning so I could catch my early flight without worry. I had a king on the first floor, which had a terrible view out the window but I didn't care. as I just wanted (and got) a decent night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Do not rely on this airport for transportation to/from the airport. I waited each time over an hour. They put customers in positions to do the right thing, but they lack all types of qualities. The night staff lady has not service skills and cannot assist with anything. This can be a great hotel for business, but CHANGES are needed.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor