All reviews sleep inn other hotels close to the airport free shuttle room door front desk staff dfw north stayed here for one night exercise room first floor free breakfast flight texas bedding whataburger
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We are Choice Members and booked the hotel through their own website. We arrived at the hotel and realized it was under construction. They are building another wing. We decided to give it a chance. The night attendant put us is a room on the third floor. Unfortunately it was right next to the construction.

We got to our room and realized the wifi was out. We called down to the counter and she apologized and said it would be fixed the next morning. This was highly disappointing because one of the major reasons we booked this hotel in the first place, was it's wifi. We were shopping for a car, and losing the internet connection definitely put a crimp in our plans. The only thing we got from management the next morning was a shrug and an off hand apology.

Remember the construction? Well the noise was so bad in the room, it was impossible to stay in there. Luckily we had plans and left for the day.

We returned that late afternoon/early evening to find that our room hadn't been cleaned. Nothing. Beds unmade and no clean towels. This was the breaking point for my husband. He was angry. There was no excuse for the lack of care exhibited by the employees of this property. We stayed the second night solely because we'd prepaid for it.

The breakfast area is way, way, way to small for the size of hotel it is. And remember they're adding on. We came down around 8 am both mornings. The first time we couldn't find anywhere to eat but there was food. We took our food and went back to the room. The food was only ok. I've definitely had better. The second morning we couldn't find a place to sit AND there was no food left and no employees in sight. We ended up leaving and getting breakfast at an area restaurant.

Overall, this hotel was a huge disappointment. With so many other choices in the area, Choice property or not, I'll never stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hkay_h
customerservice c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Vicky C.

Sleep Inn DFW
972-929-8888

Reviewed 8 July 2017

After arriving at the airport and calling the hotel, their shuttle never arrived to pick us up. Another hotel shuttle driver was kind enough to take us to the hotel. We were given a 1st floor room and ended up moving to another because the window was very loose in its frame and did not offer us security. In our second room, the door to the adjoining room was unlocked and I had to secure it. There were other people in the room on the other side, so I moved things in front of the door just for the peace of mind. Both rooms had a damp musty smell. The second room also smelled of smoke. Having arrived on a late evening flight, I elected not to ask for another room. The room our friends had smelled better than ours. The overall cleanliness of the hotel left something to be desired. Scuffed doors, dingy carpet, and cheap-looking breakfast area... it just didn't seem to be worth as much as I was being charged for the room.

Room Tip: Take a room somewhere other than the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bmcneil0215
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I've been impressed with Sleep Inns in several locations, so when I had an unexpected overnight in Dallas due to a missed flight, I quickly booked a room. This is a newly renovated Sleep Inn (in fact, it's still under renovation), so the decor is modern and comfortable. The front desk staff was overwhelmed with check-ins even late that night but were still professional and helpful. Didn't have to wait on the shuttle at the airport and it was on time in the morning so I could catch my early flight without worry. I had a king on the first floor, which had a terrible view out the window but I didn't care. as I just wanted (and got) a decent night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Do not rely on this airport for transportation to/from the airport. I waited each time over an hour. They put customers in positions to do the right thing, but they lack all types of qualities. The night staff lady has not service skills and cannot assist with anything. This can be a great hotel for business, but CHANGES are needed.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We stayed here twice two weeks apart and saw the good and the bad in this property -one of the many near the airport that offer a bed for the night. We enjoyed a pleasant beginning with the night staff being kind and helpful. It inspired us to return for a second stay and we were again kindly treated by the night staff. However, it all fell apart the next morning with the rude and insulting day staff who gave new meaning to cleaning out the breakfast bar by raiding the food ahead of the guests - make sure you have eaten by 8am. We were accused (to the extent I was waiting for the police to appear) of smoking in our room and treated with disdain when I queried the $1.50 surcharge that appeared on my bill. I was told it was a "recycling levy" but I see it is named as other things from other Trip Advisor writers. Sounds like a SCAM to me! I am still waiting for an explanation of the levy from the hotel and Choice Hotels, the parent company. I will wait until I get my refund of this outrageous charge before I stay at this property again. This is a shame as the room was very comfortable and the night staff excellent but after our encounter with the day staff this Sleep Inn needs to be dumped in the trash.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple