“Beautiful Hotel, Perfect for Couples”

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Oklahoma City
“Beautiful Hotel, Perfect for Couples”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here and really enjoyed it. The staff was friendly, gym was excellent, ambiance was beautiful, and it smelled fantastic! We did have to enroll in their select program so we could get free wi-fi...it doesn't come automatic like a lot of other hotels. The location was nice, as there are plenty of restaurants within 10 miles (you just have to know where to go); but we also made the drive to Fort Worth one evening (30-40 min). We self-parked b/c it was free, and very easy (you can park in the garage that is right next to the hotel). We both got great workouts while there, thanks to the variety of gym equipment. The restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet, although I didn't feel the service from the waitstaff matched the luxury of the hotel. I had to ask for refills on my drinks both days I ate there (not a big deal, but other places I've been that match the caliber of this hotel I have not had to seek out the waiter). That's my only complaint though (and not much of one anyway). If the price was right (which is was via our booking on expedia), we would definitely stay here again. Oh, and the piano music in the evening was lovely - you could tell the player really enjoyed playing the piano.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
We are glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. We hope that whenever you need a weekend away, you are able to come visit us again. We apologize for the small issue in the restaurant and although you mentioned it was a minor inconvenience, we will work with our team, so your next stay is perfect. Thank you again and we look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband sent me and a friend to Dallas for my birthday and to have a girls weekend away. My family and I have stayed here before and loved it. We enjoyed a few hours at the Spa and then enjoyed relaxing at the hotel. I will go back again!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have enjoyed using this hotel over the years for events with under 100 attendees. The service is great. The rooms are roomy. Be sure to have an Omni account to access Internet at no charge in your room. The gym is adequate but does get crowded depending on the hotel volume, there is a great place to jog outside!! Strawberry and lemon flavored water is refreshing post workout. The grounds are fabulous. You need a car to get around or taxi. Walking distance venues are non-existant. The house keeping service is exceptional. The hotel is between lovefield and DFW. (20-25 min). Lots of places in the lobby to meet for a small business discussion.

Room Tip: High floor, corner
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a Valentine's weekend here, and it was fantastic. We've stayed at a lot of hotels in the Dallas area for weekend getaways, and this one is definitely in the Top 3.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with glasses of champagne. Check in was a breeze (if you go to an Omni, sign up for their FREE select guest program to get perks like expedited check-in).

We were given a corner suite on a high floor, which was super-roomy and spotless. It had a couch and two flat screens, as well as a beautiful 180 degree view of the canal out back and downtown Dallas in the distance.

The bed was very comfy, and the shower had amazing water pressure. There were also terry cloth robes in the room for us to enjoy.

During the evening, we enjoyed the live piano music in the gorgeous ad spacious lobby downstairs. Very nice. We also got complimentary turn down service for being select guests (FREE remember?!). A very nice touch for such a large hotel.

The next day we had the breakfast buffet at Trevi's, which was included in our package. I recommend it for sure. Book a package that includes the breakfast. It was stellar.

We also enjoyed the great whirlpool outside, and we used the fitness center which is very well appointed with locker rooms, ample fitness equipment, and saunas.

The hotel service was spot-on. Anytime I needed something, someone was there to get it done. Excellent.

The package I booked got us 5pm late checkout, so we soaked up all this place had to offer, and it delivered. We will absolutely be back!

• Stayed February 2012
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your Valentine's weekend with us at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. We love to hear that everything went so well during your time with us, as well as signing up for our Select Guest program and enjoying all of the benefits during your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Our stay at the Mandalay was perfect. The staff were professional and friendly. The room was large, elegant and very quiet and clean. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher level have a magical view!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 203 in Dallas
Downtown Fort Worth
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
#6 of 111 in Fort Worth

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!